Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Reviews

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation

It finally happened! An "anti aging" cosmetic that lives up to its hype!

Jun 8, 2005 (Updated Jun 8, 2005)

Pros:Inexpensive, works well, has sunscreen, makes your skin look great, non pore clogging

Cons:None!

The Bottom Line: Silky, radiant, firmer skin is what Maybelline claims this foundation will give you. Guess what? It DOES!

I have trouble with base makeup. My skin is somewhat dry so anything powdery looks, well, powdery. Cream foundations are nice but seem to slip off my face and disappear in a short time. I have tried many liquid foundations and some were good, some not so good.

Maybelline New York has just introduced a new foundation called Instant Age Rewind and, when I saw it was packaged with a full size tube of concealer of the same name for under $8.00, I guessed at my shade and bought it.

I am amazed. This is really good foundation that covers well, looks natural and really does leave my face looking more youthful. At last, something that lives up to its hype!

The Official Word

This is from Maybelline New York’s official website:

Instant Age Rewind Foundation

• Firms skin and lifts away the signs of ageing instantly

• Provides a younger- and healthier-looking finish

• Brightens dull and tired skin

• Hypoallergenic, doesn’t clog pores, dermatologist tested

• Good for normal to dry skin

Packaging

The blue and white cardboard hanger has the foundation in clear plastic and, in my case, a full size tube of the concealer next to it. The foundation is in a heavy, tall, thin glass bottle holding one ounce. It has a simple gray screw top lid.

Why This is Unique

There are a few things that make this foundation stand out from many of the others. For one, it has an SPF of 18. That’s good news for anyone who wants to protect her face but doesn’t want to wear sunscreen over her makeup. 18 is plenty for me when I am out and about and not sitting in direct sunlight.

It has caffeine in it. Many people use products with caffeine in them to tighten cellulite on their body. I don’t recall any other foundation at this price with caffeine as an ingredient.

While it is made for normal to dry skin, it doesn’t look dewy or greasy and doesn’t clog my pores, something heavier foundations always do.

My Experience

I chose Creamy Natural for my skin which is the last in the light section. They have twelve shades available for light, medium, and dark skin tones. Although I consider my skin tone to be medium in general, this shade just looked right. And it was. It was exactly my skin color.

When I applied the foundation, I used my fingers. A lot of people use sponges but I just don’t have time. It went on smoothly and seemed to instantly make my face more radiant. There are no sparkles or glitters in this but, for some reason, my face lit up. Maybelline says: Micro-pearls illuminate skin for a more radiant, brighter, younger look. I guess it was the micro-pearls that did it!

The foundation is light in texture yet covers well. It isn’t for those who want full coverage but average skin types will fare well with this foundation. It evened out my complexion and left my face feeling very soft and natural. Although it is called a firming foundation, I didn’t feel like my face was tight or being pulled like I sometimes do with other firming foundations. I felt like I had no make up on at all.

I used my regular gel blush with a hint of powder blush over it and did my eyes, threw on some lip gloss, and left the house for a long day or running around. About seven harried hours later, I managed to catch a look at myself in the mirror and my make up was still firmly in place, very natural looking.

I usually end up looking pale and sickly after a few hours without a touch up of make up so it was a pleasant surprise that I still looked fresh faced after all that time passed.

The foundation washes off easily with cleanser or soap and water.

The color chart on www.maybelline.com is very accurate but, as always, it’s best to try before you buy if possible. Barring that, be sure to purchase this (and any cosmetic product) at a store that accepts returns or exchanges of cosmetics if they are the wrong shade or consistency for you.

The Ingredients

For those with allergies of who want to see what they are putting on their faces, here is a list of ingredients in Instant Age Rewind:

Active Ingredients
Octinoxate 4.5%

Ingredients
Water , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cyclohexasiloxane , Glycerin , Butylene Glycol , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Talc , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Tribehenin , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Magnesium Sulfate , Polymethylsilsesquioxane , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , PEG , PPG-18 , 18 Dimethicone , Laureth-4 , Diphenyl Dimethicone , Methylparaben , Diazolidinyl Urea , Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate , Propylparaben , Silk Powder , Retinyl Palmitate , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Tocopherol , Caffeine , Aluminum Hydroxide , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Propylene Glycol , Panthenol , Alcohol Denat. , Titanium Dioxide May Contain , Iron Oxides May Contain , Mica May Contain

For those wondering, Octinoxate is the cosmetic form of sunscreen, hence the fact that it is the “active ingredient” in this product.

Buying Info

Maybelline New York’s Instant Age Rewind is brand new and you can get it bundled with the under eye concealer (which is excellent) at drug stores, department stores, and most websites that sell cosmetics. I paid $7.99 for both products. I believe the foundation alone sells for about $7.29 but, as always, sales and coupons abound, especially on new products.

You can also see and buy the product at both the original Maybelline website, www.maybelline.com, and the newer but somewhat buggy, www.maybellinenewyork.com which caters to many different countries as opposed to the old site that caters only to the US and Canada.

Conclusion

I really like this foundation. I was surprised that it blended so well with my skin and lit up my face the way it did. I didn’t notice a huge amount of “age rewinding” but I am out to look as good, and as natural, as possible and this foundation certainly did that. It lasts an incredibly long time on my face and feels light and airy. I honestly can’t think of any real cons with this product. It is inexpensive, readily available almost anywhere, and it does what it says.

You won’t go from looking age 39 to 19 when you wear this, but your skin will look more radiant, you will look more alive and fresh, and your skin will be somewhat firmer without feeling tight. I definitely noticed that I looked more youthful but not dramatically -- just subtly more rested, radiant and fresh. This is a great new product from Maybelline and one I plan to use on a regular basis.

I have to give it five stars. It’s that darn good.

Click here to read my review of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Pick Your Color Makeup

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Pick Your Color Makeup

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind RAdiant Firming Makeup Pick Color You will be getting 1 BOTTLE Maybelline Instant Age Rewind RAdiant Firming Makeup 1 FL...

Pack Of 4 Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Dark 1 Dark 1 Tan

Pack Of 4 Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Dark 1 Dark 1 Tan

Powered by Frooition Pro Home FAQs Payment Size Charts Shipping Contact Us Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. PAC...

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Caramel Dark 2

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Caramel Dark 2

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation CARAMEL DARK 2 click picture to enlarge Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation CARAMEL DARK 2 I use stock p...

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer - Clear - 0.85 oz

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer - Clear - 0.85 oz

Find cosmetics at Target.com! Instantly create a perfectly smooth canvas for ideal makeup application with maybelline new york instant age rewind prim...

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation Tan Dark 1

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation Tan Dark 1

Untitled Document CLICK THE LINKS BELOW FOR QUICK ANSWERS NEW MAYBELLINE INSTANT AGE REWIND CREAM FOUNDATION TAN DARK 1 ABSOLUTELY 100% BRAND NEW FOUN...

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation The Lifter

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation The Lifter

MAYBELLINE INSTANT AGE REWIND FOUNDATION THE LIFTER Delivery, Tax Shipping Information Delivery Information Orders are typically shipped within 2-3 bu...

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Natural Ivory

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Natural Ivory

1Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Natural Ivory (Light 3),All Skin Types, 1fl.oz 30ml. I do not shipped to Germany Or Italy.I only take Paypal...

2 Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Firming + Radiance - Cocoa Dark 3

2 Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Firming + Radiance - Cocoa Dark 3

Item Description: This auction is for the following:2 NEW MAYBELLINE INSTANT AGE REWIND FOUNDATION FIRMING + RADIANCE - COCOA DARK 3 Please if you hav...

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Tan (dark-1) Silver Pump Cap.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Tan (dark-1) Silver Pump Cap.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation TAN (DARK-1)Silver color Pump Cap.NEW,NEVER USED AND NEVER TESTED.FULL SIZE ( SIZE 1.0 FL OZ // 30 ML).SHADE ...