Maytag MFF2558VE 24.8 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Free Shipping AJ Madison
Free Shipping AJ Madison
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection

DO NOT BUY THIS OR ANY OTHER MAYTAG (Whirlpool is also Maytag)

Aug 9, 2010 (Updated Aug 9, 2010)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:large, pretty.  It looks so promising....don't be fooled like I was.

Cons:Very loud.  Paid $1500 for a useless, fatally broken refrigerator after 4 years.

The Bottom Line:

Avoid purchasing any Maytag/Whirlpool products.  It will only end with you having a broken heart and empty wallet as you stand there looking at its beautiful corpse.

We bought a $1500 Maytag refrigerator (french doors, bottom freezer) and it completetly died in four years.  The compressor was faulty.  The extended warranty expired after three years, so we were left with absolutely nothing.  We called Maytag, and they refused to help in any way beyond a discount on a new compressor, leaving us to pay for the installation.  The installation cost nearly half the amount of the fridge: $600.  They did let us know that a Maytag refrigerator should last 12-13 years on average and that it's tough luck that ours only lasted four years.  Maytag literally is a waste of money.  I read the reviews before I bought it, but I really liked the look of the Maytag...it just looked so great... so please, PLEASE read the reviews and don't waste your money.  I wish I would have followed the advice of all the people out there angry with Maytag.  I am so disappointed and so sad...and angry and frustrated...and out of luck.  If you have already bought one...look at all the class action lawsuits out there against Maytag. There are enough of them that you just might find one that fits your needs.  I hope I find one for me.  Horrible, HORRIBLE MAYTAG!

Avoid purchasing any Maytag/Whirlpool products.  It will only end with you having a broken heart and empty wallet as you stand there looking at its beautiful corpse, savoring the memories of the first year you enjoyed it.  How joyous those first days were, before you realized that your time with the attractive appliance was so short...so limited...    You'll just stand there looking at how lovely it is...feeling like if you just wish hard enough, maybe it will work again.  But it won't--it's dead.  As all the broken hearted Maytag customers before me, this is the first and last Maytag product that I will ever buy.  The only comfort I have is warning all of you to not purchase these products.

You39ve got a million things to do tonight But first dinner Find fresh food fast with the BrightSeries lighting package which illuminates fresh food o...
AppliancesConnection
Maytag Bottom Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator MFF2558VE. ENERGY STAR Qualified. Hidden Hinges. Electronic Dual Cool System. Contoured Twin Fresh Foo...
AJ Madison