Add It To Almost Anything - McCormick Pure Ground Black Pepper

Jul 21, 2010

Pros:can be added to almost any food

Cons:can make you sneeze, too hot if add to much

The Bottom Line:

If you enjoy a bit of heat in your food, my family recommends McCormick’s pure ground black pepper in the 2 ounce container.

I love to cook but before meeting my husband, I really didn’t use spices in my cooking. My mom never did, so neither did I. When my husband and I first met, he always complained that my cooking was too bland. The first thing he would reach for was the McCormick’s black pepper. Over the years I have learned to cook with spices and he was right, my food does taste a lot better spiced up. One thing that seems to go into almost every recipe I make is McCormick’s pure ground black pepper.

McCormick’s black pepper is black and the flavor is hot with a bite. Depending on your heat tolerance will depend on how much pepper you use. I don’t use a lot but my husband and boys always tend to put more on. They like their food hot!

McCormick’s pure ground black pepper can be found in most grocery stores in the spice isle. McCormick’s black pepper comes in different size containers. You can purchase it in a 2, 4, 8 and 8.75 ounce containers. I normally purchase the 2 ounce size. The 2 ounce size comes in a tin like container that is square. It has the familiar red and white coloring with the Mc McCormick logo on it.

You can use McCormick’s black pepper for many different things. I have used it in eggs, drinks (bloody Marys), soups, casseroles, marinades, rubs and so much more. You can add it to almost any item you want to give a “kick” too. There really aren’t too many foods I don’t add pepper too.

Black pepper is made from the berry of the vine piper nigrum and there is no nutritional value per ¼ teaspoon. So you can as much pepper as you like and it does not add any addition calories to your meal. When using pepper you are adding flavor but no calories.

The only problem I have with McCormick’s black pepper is that I need to watch with how much pepper I put on my food as it does make me sneeze at times. When filling my pepper shakers, it always causes me to sneeze. Also if you put too much pepper on your food, it could be too spicy to eat.

I have always purchased McCormick spices. There are many other brands of black pepper on the market but I always pick up McCormick’s.  It is a name I know and trust when it comes to spices. I normally wait until it goes on sale for $2.00 for the 2 ounce size to purchase it. McCormick’s often runs coupons in the paper so if I wait for a sale and use a coupon I can normally purchase the 2 ounce tin for around .50. I always keep a few containers of McCormick’s black pepper on hand.