Mccormick Bag'N Seasoning for Pork Chop 1oz

1 consumer review

Pork Chops My Children Eat in Only 30 Minutes

Dec 23, 2008

Pros:Makes delicious, quick and easy pork chops

Cons:Lots of sodium

The Bottom Line: McCormick Bag 'N Season for pork chops is a great start to a 30 minut meal

I have never gotten the hang of cooking pork chops. They are dry and bland no matter what I do. One day my husband made pork chops using McCormick Bag 'N Season Cooking Bag & Seasoning Mix for pork chops. Since that first time these delicious pork chops have become a dinner staple.

What You Get
The little red bag, found in the spice section of every grocery store I ship at, has to separate pouches. The front one contains the plastic cooking bag and tie, while the second pouch contains the spices:

Maltodextrin, Salt, Sugar, Paprika, Onion, Spices (Including Black Pepper and Ginger), Garlic, Yeast Extract, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers), Caramel Color, Natural Flavor, Corn Syrup, Fructose, and Glucose.

The bag contains about 1 oz of spice mix, which is enough for 6 bone-in or boneless pork chops, about 2 1/2 lbs total. Each of the six, 2 tsp servings contains 15 calories, 0 g fat, 530 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrates (<1 g sugar).

Quick Cooking
The pork chops are easy to prepare. Place the cooking bag in a 9 X 13 pan, rub spices on both sides of the chops and place them in the bag. Then pour 1/4 cup of water over the chops. Use the special nylon tie to seal the bag and snip a few vent holes in the bag to let steam escape. Put the pan in a preheated 350° and take it out about 20 minutes later. Let the chops rest for 5 minutes and serve.

Too Good to be True?
The pork chops are delicious, moist and tender. The chops have a spicy sweet flavor that doesn't overwhelm the pork. My kids love them and eat them without complaint. I like that we are eating something other than chicken. Since the chops cook in the bag clean up is minimal. Once they are in the oven, the pork chops require no attention from me, leaving me time to make a vegetable and salad to round out the meal. Since prep only requires rubbing some seasoning on the meat, the whole meal can be on the table in about 30 minutes.

There are of course a few drawbacks. The packet of bag and seasoning is about $2, which seems a little expensive for what you get. Also, I'm not quite sure what you get. Obviously there is a ton of sodium in the spice mix, about 1/4 of the maximum an adult should have in a day. It seems as though I should be able to duplicate the results with all of the spice I have in my cabinet and the ingredient list, so far no luck.

Final Thoughts
If the sodium isn't worrisome then McCormick Bag 'N Season is a great way to prepare delicious pork chops quickly and easily. The flavor of the spices blend well with the pork and cooking the bag helps keeps the chops moist and tender. Although the package of spice mix and bag is a little expensive, I find it money well spent to make a pork chop dinner in half an hour.

Mccormick Bag 'n Season: Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin (.92 Oz Packets) 4 Pack

Mccormick Bag 'n Season: Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin (.92 Oz Packets) 4 Pack

McCormick Bag 'N Season: Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin (.92 oz Packets) 4 Pack ◙ Quick Shipping! Most orders in by 3:00 PM EST ship out the same day!...