Megabrite LED Color Changing Night Light with Photo Sensor Reviews

Megabrite LED Color Changing Night Light with Photo Sensor

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Megabrite Color Changing Night Light (MB-NL9A1-Q) - Makes my nights lighter and brighter.

Jul 10, 2009 (Updated Jul 18, 2010)

Pros:Great choice of colors, inexpensive, no bulbs, doesn't get hot.

Cons:A design tweak could make it even better!

The Bottom Line: This is a great product - it's practical, attractive, inexpensive, and makes a great addition to my house.

We are a night light kind of family.  We have these little gadgets all over the house.  In fact, I would say there's not a single corner of our home that's allowed to be truly dark.  We have all different kinds, but our most recent additions are from Megabrite.  These little gadgets are quite attractive, but their best feature is their ability to change their light's color.

When you first plug one of these in, you'll see a bright light in one of seven colors.  After about 10 seconds the light will slowly dim until it goes out altogether, then it'll come back on with another bright light, in a different color.   It will continuously cycle like this.  From bright light, to dimmed light, to no light, to a different colored light.

Of course, watching the lights change gets dull pretty quickly.  So, decide which color you want to keep, and when that color comes up in the rotation, hit the "stop" button.  That will set the light to permanently display the chosen color.  You can even press the stop button while the light is dimming, if you want to choose the less-bright setting.  In other words, hitting the button will freeze the color and the intensity that was being displayed at that moment.  This is really convenient for places where you really want low light.

If you want to change your mind, it's no problem, simply press the stop button again, or unplug the light, and it goes back to its default setting - where it cycles through the different colors.

The seven colors are red, green, dark blue, yellow, light blue, purple, and white.  Depending on your room's decor, choose the color that looks the nicest, and provides the right amount of light.  The red light is the least bright.  I feel it's best for "mood lighting", but I wouldn't rely on it to light a dark hallway.

We use the green light in our bathroom, where we have green accessories.  It looks nice, and provides a good level of low light.  We use the white light in our hallways where we want the most light.  And we use the yellow light in our laundry room.  It looks nice against the room's beige walls.

Some other nice features of these lights:

There's a photo sensor which means the light won't come on unless the room is dark.  So when the sun comes up in the morning, the lights turn off.  The photo sensor is right on the front of the light, so it's easily accessible.  So, if you want the light to come on, but it's not dark enough, you can easily cover the sensor and trick the light into thinking it's dark in the room.

There are no bulbs to burn out.  This is a bright LED light that projects from the bottom of the attractive crystal-like cover.  The light shines up, and out of the crystal's facets, causing a very pretty "starburst" pattern against the wall.

These are inexpensive.  A single one costs about $5 but we bought a 6-pack for about $15.

At just over 4" tall and 2" wide, these are nice, compact size.  We've had no problems making them fit in any of the places we wanted them.

The light does not get hot - no burned fingers!!

I only have one complaint about this product.  Every time the power goes out (a fairly frequent occurrence where I live), the lights reset back to their default setting - rotating the colors.  This means that you come home after a power failure to discover lights changing all over the house.   Then you have to go around setting each one back to your preferred color choice.

This could be easily solved if they incorporated some kind of buttons or dials into the design, allowing you to set a preferred color and brightness.  This way, even if the power were to go out, when it came back on, the buttons or dials would still be set and the light could go back to the way you had it.  As it is now, the light has no "memory".

Of course, if you're using the light in its default state - rotating the colors - then this won't be an issue for you.

Overall, I highly recommend this product.  It's cheap, versatile, and makes a nice addition to any room.

Megabrite Wireless Motion Sensor Under Cabinet Led Lights Free Shipping

Megabrite Wireless Motion Sensor Under Cabinet Led Lights Free Shipping

Our Store About Us View All Listings Feedback Policies Contact Us Bookmark Us View Our Deals Megabrite: Wireless Motion Sensor Undercabinet LED Lights...

Maxxima LED Color Changing Night Light (Pack of 2)

Maxxima LED Color Changing Night Light (Pack of 2)

Maxxima LED Color Changing Night Light, Comes in 2 pack, 8 Sequential color changes
Apple Shaped Color Changing LED Night Lamp

Apple Shaped Color Changing LED Night Lamp

Power Source:Battery; Battery Quantity:3xAG13; Light Color:Colorful; Dimension (cm):6.0 x 6.0 x 6.0; Net Weight (kg):0.07; Material:Plastic; Light Typ...
lightinthebox
Jasco Color Changing LED Night Light 10908

Jasco Color Changing LED Night Light 10908

Jasco 10908 Features: -LED night light.-Automatic on / off.-Energy efficient.-Fluid aquarium design.-Unique design does not interfere with second outl...
Wayfair

72022 LED Color Changing Night Light, Silver

72022 LED Color Changing Night Light, Silver

Color changing LED night light, silver housing/base. Built-in photocell sensor automatically turns the light on when it is dark and off when light. Pl...
Bulbrite LEDNLCC LED 3 Mode Color Changing Night Light in White LEDNLCC

Bulbrite LEDNLCC LED 3 Mode Color Changing Night Light in White LEDNLCC

3 LED mode selections: White, Color Changing and Color Changing Plus 3 Sensitivity selections Low, High, and OnBulb Type: LED Finish: White Height: 71...
HomeClick

Color Changing Angel Led Light Night Lamp Christmas Decoration Gift

Color Changing Angel Led Light Night Lamp Christmas Decoration Gift

Features : ON/Off switch to control .100% brand new and high quality The Angel Light are all Transparent until you turn on the LED lights The Lights a...

Color Changing LED Star Baby Kid Mood Lamp Night Light Children

Color Changing LED Star Baby Kid Mood Lamp Night Light Children

Product Details Auto color changing Battery operated! No need to plug in! Can use anywhere! Size: 3.5 x 3.5 x 2.25 inches / 10 x 10 x 5 cm Material: P...
Schylling Lighting Star LED Color Changing LED Night Light with Star Reflector LLSNL

Silver base LED night light that projects a color changing star reflection on the wall. An auto sensor turns the light on as the room gets darker.
Destination Lighting

Cute Bear Style Color Changing Light LED Night Lamp with Suction Cup

Cute Bear Style Color Changing Light LED Night Lamp with Suction Cup

Power Source:Battery; Light Color:Colorful; Dimension (cm):7.3 x 6 x 3.6; Net Weight (kg):0.0342; Material:Plastic; Light Type:Night Light; Package Co...
lightinthebox