Melaleuca Cell-Wise

Melaleuca Cellwise: A great way to get your Antioxidants!

Feb 22, 2006

Pros:Full of Antioxidants to help protect cells.

Cons:Expensive, can only be purchased through Melaleuca. Pill has a horrible taste

The Bottom Line: I do recommend this product to help keep your body clear of free radicals, and to strengthen and protect your cells.

This CellWise Dietary Supplement is an antioxidant containing a whole food blend with mixed cartenoids. It is made and sold through Melaleuca.

I purchased this product in fall 2005 before staring my chemotherapy treatments. I had hoped this would help keep my body healthy throughout my treatments. Before I always tried to get antioxidants though my diet, by eating fresh berries and drinking green tea, but with my appetite being lower due to treatments I thought this pill may make up for what I was lacking in my diet.

Melaleuca is a business that calls itself “The Wellness Company” They claim to make healthier products that are safer alternatives to products that are found in everyday stores. You can buy their products online or through a Marketing Executive. To become a Marketing Executive you must sign up with Melaleuca and become a Preferred Customer, meaning you agree to buy a minimum number of products every month. I was a Preferred Customer for a few months, and purchased the products I was interested in, and have since quit. If I want to buy individual products, I have a friend who I can purchase them from, or can buy directly through Melaleuca online or over the phone. The price is higher if you are not a Preferred Customer.

Free Radicals are unstable molecules floating around in our body. Everyones body contains them due to normal metabolism, and we end up with more free radicals by being exposed to pollution, cigarette smoke, pesticides/herbicides and from alcohol consumption. Antioxidants help to round up and tame free radicals, lessening the damage they can do on our body systems.

The recommended serving is 2 tablets a day. Each serving contains the following ingredients:
300 mg Vitamin C, 100mg Calcium Carbonate, 15 mg Zinc Oxide, 100mcg Selenium, 2 mg Copper, 388 mg Proprietary Antioxidant Blend: Cocoa Extract, Green Tea extract, L-Glutamine, Clove Powder, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Blueberry powder, grape skin extract, Rosemary powder, S-Adeosyl-L_Methionine
40mg mixed cartenoids, 60 IU Mixed Tocopherols. Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, hydroxy propyl, methyl cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, fructose, magnesium stearate, hydroxy propyl cellulose, spirulina, glycerin, papain, bromelain, soy flour.

Melaleucas Claim: (found on their website under product description)
Each 2-tablet dose of CellWise takes on free radicals with a whole food blend of:
• mixed carotenoids to nourish the respiratory tract
• natural tocopherols to protect against free radical damage
• vitamin C to strengthen cell membranes
• calcium to promote message signals between cells
• copper to enhance the antioxidants’ effectiveness
• selenium to protect cells
• zinc to encourage normal cell function
CellWise also includes a proprietary blend of alpha lipoic acid, L-glutamine, SAM-e, and extracts of natural green tea, cocoa, grape skin, blueberry, rosemary, and clove for even more antioxidant power. CellWise, with its synergistic formula, significantly boosts your antioxidant intake by providing research-proven antioxidants to help shield your cells.

My Experience.
I cannot make any extraordinary claims about this product. I have been undergoing chemotherapy while using this product, and therefore have been less healthy than a person not undergoing chemotherapy. I do believe though that the ingredient blend this product provides will help counter act the damage caused by free radicals. I will continue to take this product to help keep my body healthy especially when my diet is not containing as many fresh fruits that would do the same job.
One thing I do not like about the product is the taste of the pill. The pill is a hard green tablet. As soon as you open the bottle you can smell the product. The only way I can describe the smell is that it smells like grass. It tastes like swallowing a ball of grass cuttings. It is quite gross, but I do find if I drink A LOT of water (like a big glass) with the pill, the taste will not linger behind.

Price
As mentioned earlier if you are a preferred customer of Melaleuca the price is cheaper. $13.99 for 60 capsules. If you are not a preferred customer the price is $20.00. This product is worth 9 product points toward a preferred customer minimum monthly purchase

Melaleuca Inc
Idaho Falls, ID 83402-6003
1-800-282-3000 www.melaleuca.com

Factory Sealed Melaleuca Herbal Botanical Shampoo 32 Oz Family Size

Factory Sealed Melaleuca Herbal Botanical Shampoo 32 Oz Family Size

NEW with FACTORY SEAL Melaleuca Herbal Shampoo 32 oz. Family Size Cleanse and nourish your scalp while conditioning your hair with 14 natural conditio...

Doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil -15ml & Sealed

Doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil -15ml & Sealed

doTERRA MELALEUCA Retail Price $25.33 CPTG-Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Recognized by its more common name tea tree, melaleuca has been revered fo...

Melaleuca Body Satin Body Wash - Plumeria Scent

Melaleuca Body Satin Body Wash - Plumeria Scent

Melaleuca Body Satin Body Wash Plumeria new and sealed. 7 oz (Melaleuca and their products are all Trademarked and eBay would not allow me to include ...

Melaleuca Herbal Deodorant 2 Oz

Melaleuca Herbal Deodorant 2 Oz

MELALEUCA Herbal Deodorant ~ 2 oz Ingredients like Zinc Rincinolate, Zea Mays Starch and baking soda work together to both deodorize and absorb odors ...

Doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil 15ml-free Shipping

Doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil 15ml-free Shipping

doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil 15ml-free shipping A more common name you might know it by is “tea tree.” Melaleuca has been revered for its clean...

Doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil - Free Shipping

Doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil - Free Shipping

More commonly known as Tea Tree, Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree ...

Rene Furterer Melaleuca Anti-Dandruff Exfoliating Gel 75ml/2.6oz by Rene Furterer

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$34.00 - Melaleuca Anti-Dandruff Exfoliating Gel-75ml/2.6oz - haircare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) 16 Ounce

Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) 16 Ounce

Tea Tree Oil by Now Foods, 1, 4, and 16 ounce
NutritionGeeks. com

Wise Ways - Rose Face Balm - 2 oz., Facial Creams

Wise Ways - Rose Face Balm - 2 oz., Facial Creams

Wise Ways Rose Face Balm Wise Ways Rose Face Balm is a fragrant moisturizing balm for dry skin. Wise Ways Rose Face Balm is a
LuckyVitamin.com

Doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil (15 Ml) +free Gifts W/ $25+ Purchase+

Doterra Melaleuca Essential Oil (15 Ml) +free Gifts W/ $25+ Purchase+

Design by a2zdesignstore Search Ebay Store Home View all listings Add to favourite Feedback Contacts doTERRA Melaleuca Essential Oil (15 mL) Product D...