-34%

Melissa and Doug Under Sea Jigsaw (24 pc) Melissa and Doug

Trend Times Toy Store

Melissa & Doug Puzzle: Under the Sea Making a Huge Splash with Kids

Jan 26, 2011

Pros:Good quality; great subject matter

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Under the Sea 24-Piece Puzzle from Melissa & Doug is colourful and exciting, something my son really enjoys when assembling it. The sea creatures help as well.

Sea life is something that fascinates my son. He loves looking at the giant aquariums every time we are at the mall. While these sea creatures don't move, Under the Sea is a great substitution for him courtesy of Melissa & Doug. The great thing is that no feeding is required.

This 24-piece puzzle is a spectacular display on the things that live under the sea; hence, the name of the puzzle. The creatures in the spotlight are a giant blue whale, a seahorse, a jellyfish, a swordfish, a fierce-looking shark, an octopus, a crab, a starfish, and a sea urchin. Now that sounds like a crowded party but they all fit surprisingly well together. Each one is also coloured different from the other to make it easier for kids to find like pieces. I do love the harmony of the illustration as it flows very nicely with each element complementing the other. Without a doubt, the eye is definitely drawn to the middle of the picture with the swordfish and then branches out on either side with the whale and shark.

This 16"x12" puzzle comes packaged in a sturdy, wooden tray for puzzle building. I do always caution people to take good care of the actual board because it does have a tendency to warp especially if kids decide they feel like walking all over it. My son is no exception to that rule. But he does enjoy put this one together just because it's a different scenery that takes place in the water.

Even though the recommended age is 3 years and up, don't shy away from giving this to younger toddlers. This is how my son started and he still enjoys doing these puzzles.

Under the Sea is a good addition to the Melissa & Doug arsenal of puzzles for children. I have come to trust what they produce and never give it a second's thought about it at all. In the end this a good puzzle to have if you want to get a nice cheap aquarium without all the hassles that go along with it.

_________________________________________________________

Related Melissa & Doug Puzzle Reviews
12-Piece Wooden Puzzles: Construction Site
24-Piece Wooden Puzzles: Beep Beep
Chunky Wooden Puzzles: Chunky Farm
Sound Puzzles: Farm Sound

Type of Toy: Puzzle
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

From sea star to jellyfish, this 24-piece wooden jigsaw puzzle is filled with colorful ocean life! Discover the wonders of the deep blue sea by assemb...
Trend Times Toy Store