Mi T M Aw 7020 8001 Pressure Washer 28" Head Rotary Surface Cleaner Reviews

Mi T M Aw 7020 8001 Pressure Washer 28" Head Rotary Surface Cleaner

Make Your Pressure Washer Really Work!

Nov 9, 2008 (Updated Nov 9, 2008)

Pros:Deep cleans large areas of concrete. Little effort. Easy to maneuver. Inexpensive to rent

Cons:Expensive to buy. Pressurized hose can be heavy

The Bottom Line: Deep cleans large surface areas with little effort. Expensive to buy so do rent. Light to maneuver, dragging feed hose can feel heavy.

Attaching the 28 inch Head Rotary Surface Cleaner to a 2500 psi pressure washer returns unbelievable cleaning with much less effort. Stains that were thought to be permanent are usually whisked away! For concrete deep cleaning, The Mighty M, Mi-T-M, has the answer.

Rotary Head Attachment?

The AW 7020-8001 is a 28 inch scrubbing attachment for deep cleaning of large surface areas. Looking something like a lawnmower, it has a light weight aluminum frame walk behind design, a lawnmower style handle (with power control), two rear wheels (about 5 inches in diameter) for mobility, a single caster wheel in front for maneuverability, rotating high pressure jets, and a rotating strong bristle brush for deep cleaning. It is rated at 4000 pounds per square inch (psi), 3.0 to 10.0 gallons per minute (GPM), at a maximum 212 degree F water temperature.

When Your Best Is Not Good Enough

Building my last house in Northern Alabama meant that since I was looking forward to longer summers I needed a large area for adult outdoor social interaction - I was going to get a big party patio. My builder obliged with a serious slab of concrete that was easily accessible from both the driveway and all the rear doors, and was shaded by either the house or trees throughout the day. But being one of the first houses built in the subdivision also meant that all that new concrete was soon covered with, and stained by, the famous Alabama red clay dust. Added to that, the high humidity and shade was the perfect mix for mold growth over party central.

Thinking a quick pressure wash would work, I rented one of those 3000 psi washers from the rental center. Three hours later my front porch and sidewalk was almost clean, my driveway was sort of clean, and that wonderful patio now had a streaked grungy look to it. Even after dumping detergent and bleach on it before washing did not really help.  The next weekend I noticed one of my neighbors looking like he was running a lawnmower down his driveway - and the pavement sparkled behind his progress. After a quick interruption, and an even quicker discussion, I found myself back at the rental center picking up another pressure washer and an Mi-T-M rotary surface cleaner attachment. Three hours later I was returning the rig, and proudly boasted of my sparkling patio.

Getting After The Grunge

Using the rotary surface cleaner attachment is embarrassingly simple. The only difficult parts are loading and unloading a 3000 psi pressure washer (not included, but can be found at most rental centers) and the rotary surface cleaner. The feed hoses attach to the pressure washer with quick disconnects, much like the wands you would normally attach. Then all you do is start the pressure washer, pull the control lever (similarly to the way you would engage the power on a self-propelled lawnmower), and glide the cleaner across the grungy surface.  Again, just like your lawn mower, it is recommended that you slightly overlap the area cleaned (to avoid streaks and stripes), so as to "mow' the grunge right out of the concrete.

At 50 pounds you would expect it to be a bear to handle, but that is not the case. The 3000 psi, and 3-10 cfm, of water coming out of the pressure washer and through the jets "lift" the attachment off of the surface. It becomes sort of a "hover craft" floating slightly above the concrete. Not having to lift the unit, the only effort is that required is to "drag" the feed hose along behind you. And the neatest part is that while everyone around you marvels at your perceived effort, you know that you only expended the little bit of effort needed to stroll around your patio! Ah, that smirk on your face will last throughout the day.

Cost

If you feel you need to buy this rotary cleaner attachment it will set you back over $1000.00.  But $30.00 a couple times a year to rent one was always my simple choice (see, I did learn something during those economics classes in school). Renting a 3000 psi power washer will likely be about the same. Your water bill should not be hit much harder than a single watering of your lawn. And then you will have to burn a few calories enlisting the help from family or neighbors loading and unloading the whole rig.

Recommendations:

This is one tool that is so simple and effective that I was surprised I had never seen it before. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone with large areas of linoleum or concrete to clean. Unless you need to clean these areas often, I do recommend renting rather than purchasing, a Mi-T-AW 7020-8001 Pressure Washer 28 inch Rotary Head Cleaner attachment.

Mi-t-m Aw-0050-0176 23', Wire Braided High Pressure Power Washer Extension Hose

Mi-t-m Aw-0050-0176 23', Wire Braided High Pressure Power Washer Extension Hose

New 23', Wire Braided High Pressure Washer Extension Hose by MI-T-M Corp.#AW-0050-0176 item 121164 23', Wire Braided High Pressure Washer Extension Ho...

Mi T M AW-4085-0016 Pint Pressure Washer Pump Oil

Mi T M AW-4085-0016 Pint Pressure Washer Pump Oil

PT, Pressure Washer Pump Oil, Works With All MI-T-M Units Along With Most Other Units.
Mi-t M Corporation Aw-0018-0031 4.0 High Pressure Orfice Nozzle

Mi-t M Corporation Aw-0018-0031 4.0 High Pressure Orfice Nozzle

Mi-T M Corporation AW-0018-0031 4.0 High Pressure Orfice Nozzle 40 Degrees 4.0 Orfice White High Pressure Nozzle 164721 Shipping is for 48 Contiguous ...

MI-T-M AW-0016-0366 Replacement For Washer Pressure Gun

MI-T-M AW-0016-0366 Replacement For Washer Pressure Gun

Stainless steel shaft,Screw connect,Brass couplers,Adjustable nozzle from 0-60,Two position - low (applying soaps) and high (
Mi-t-m Pressure Washer Brass Qc Quick Disconnect Socket 3/8 Male Aw-0017-0007

Mi-t-m Pressure Washer Brass Qc Quick Disconnect Socket 3/8 Male Aw-0017-0007

Mi-T-M Pressure Washer Brass Quick Connect / Disconnect Socket 3/8 Male (MPT). P art # AW-0017-0007.3/8 MPT X 3/8 QUICK CONNECT SOCKET.THIS MI-T-M par...

MI-T-M AW-0016-0365 Pressure Washer Gun

MI-T-M AW-0016-0365 Pressure Washer Gun

Insulated pro style trigger with safety lock,Stainless steel shaft,Screw connection,Brass couplers,For replacement lance with variable nozz
Mi-T-M AW-0018-0258 Pressure Washer Orifice Nozzle, 3.5

Mi-T-M AW-0018-0258 Pressure Washer Orifice Nozzle, 3.5

Yellow - Packaged, Stainless steel, Use with replacement tips for pressure washer model No. WP2400, JP2703, WP2500, WP2550, and WP2700 and all ot
Mi-t-m Quick Connect Pressure Washer Nozzle Aw-0018-0148 Applies Detergents

Mi-t-m Quick Connect Pressure Washer Nozzle Aw-0018-0148 Applies Detergents

MI-T-M QUICK CONNECT PRESSURE WASHER NOZZLE Extra wide spray pattern and reduced pressure quickly applies detergents and cleaners Black color-coded ru...

MI-T-M AW-4085-0016 Pressure Washer Pump Oil - Pint

MI-T-M AW-4085-0016 Pressure Washer Pump Oil - Pint

Designed for pressure washer pumps, keeping pumps cooler than regular oil and is suitable for all climates. No lubricant needed. Convenient pour spout...
Mi-t-m Quick Connect Pressure Washer Nozzle Aw-0018-0303

Mi-t-m Quick Connect Pressure Washer Nozzle Aw-0018-0303

MI-T-M QUICK CONNECT PRESSURE WASHER NOZZLE 3.0 Orifice 25 Degrees For general cleaning. Move dirt and debris quickly Fan Spray covers 5'-8' wide patt...