Microsoft (P58-00022) (882224004046) Mouse

Basic Mouse, Good Price

Dec 15, 2007

Pros:Good price, does what it's supposed to do, quick install on Windows

Cons:Gets dirty quickly on the outside.

The Bottom Line: If you are looking to replace your mouse with a basic optical mouse, this is a great item to look out and consider.

If there is one thing that Microsoft does well, it's creating mice. Of all of the mice that I've owned in my life, Microsoft and Logitech are the only ones that have never given me a problem. This mouse from Microsoft is no exception.

I recently upgraded from this mouse to a newer Microsoft mouse at work after using this mouse for about a year. One thing that we look for when purchasing mice and keyboards for work is good quality product at a reasonable price. When we purchased this mouse, we purchased in bulk. Of those 9 we purchased, they are all still in use after a year plus of service. Mine went back into the reserve section for when another mouse fails. This mouse is still available on some online stores including Tiger Direct. We got a great deal on a different mouse when we ordered last time, so we purchased some of those, and I swapped this mouse for the newer one.

The design of this mouse is very basic. Two buttons, a scroll wheel and an USB connection. The mouse is very responsive and there is no delay when clicking on a file, link in a web browser or anywhere else. Also, when you plug this mouse in, there is no need to install the software that comes along with it. Windows XP recognized it right away.

IF there is one bad thing I can say about this mouse, is that it attracts dust and debris quite well. I find myself cleaning the little crevices on the side, as well as under the buttons at least once a week. While it's easy to clean, it's an annoyance that I could do without. The optical sensor, fortunately, doesn't get as dirty fast.

In a nutshell, this is a good, no frills, basic mouse if you don't want to spend the money on a fancy mouse with five buttons or a tilt wheel, or even a wireless mouse.

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse ( P58-00022 )

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse ( P58-00022 )

Feature: Color: Black If you have any complaint plz contact through email on sales@edealszone.com