Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L00002 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L00002 Wired Keyboard

Very serviceable minimalist ergonomic keyboard.

Dec 7, 2005

Pros:Smooth ergonomic design, keys feel great, compact minimalism, price

Cons:Useless support legs, no wrist support, limited extras, no software included

The Bottom Line: This keyboard has very basic features but performs well. Try the design in a store before you buy and make sure it feels comfortable for you. Minimalist bliss.

I purchased this keyboard as an interim replacement for my weathered keyboard, until I could find exactly what I wanted. It has been over a month and I still haven't looked for another keyboard, since this one is serving exceptionally well.

I must state first that the main draw for me was the ergonomic design of the keyboard. I refuse to use the standard layout now and every make and model of ergo keyboard is slightly different. The angle, size and feel of this model are the best I've had.
The design of the keys is flat and has the slightest cradle to it. The keys are very quiet, with a great feel for pressure; soft presses with good spring return. The inner column of keys (TYGHBN) are widened but spaced evenly with their neighbors. This is not a split ergo design. For my typing style, this keyboard is near perfect. I can see this model being ill-suited to home row typists or intense WASD gamers, but for those of us who hover this keyboard is great.

The media functionality is minimal. Internet buttons are restricted to back, forward, home, search and mail. There is volume control (up, down, mute) and a play/pause which configures itself to your default media player. A calculator button is provided near the numeric keypad.
Since I use my mouse to navigate, these buttons do nothing for me but provide additional keys to remap. Microsoft's IntelliType software can do this for you, but for some unfathomable reason it is not included with the keyboard.

The USB cord may be a little on the short side for people with elaborate computer setups requiring the keyboard to be further away from the tower.
The support legs on the back are pathetic; they barely raise the keyboard off the desk at all and aren't that stable in the first place. No wrist support is provided with this model so if you use one, you may have trouble finding one that works.
The specification on the package state that Windows XP is required to operate the keyboard, but I have used it with Windows ME and retained full functionality.

Average functional keyboard 3 stars + 1 star for the excellent low price for the quality.

Microsoft Hardware 2wj-00002 Wireless Keyboard 2000 Aes For

Microsoft Hardware 2wj-00002 Wireless Keyboard 2000 Aes For

Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information MICROSOFT HARDWARE 2WJ-00002 WIRELESS KEYBOARD 2000 AES FOR Item#: 1054307...

MICROSOFT HARDWARE 2WJ-00002 WIRELESS KEYBOARD 2000 AES FOR

MICROSOFT HARDWARE 2WJ-00002 WIRELESS KEYBOARD 2000 AES FOR

Microsoft 2000 Keyboard - Wireless - RF - USB 2.0 - English (North America) - Computer - QWERTY
Microsoft 2WJ-00002 Wireless Keyboard 2000 for Business - keyboard - English - North America

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 for Business - Keyboard - 2.4 GHz - English - North American layout
MacMall
Microsoft 2wj-00002 Black Usb Rf Wireless Standard Wireless Keyboard 2000 Aes Fo

About Us FAQ Contact Us Microsoft 2WJ-00002 Black USB RF Wireless Standard Wireless Keyboard 2000 AES fo IMPORTANT : Limit 5 per customer! Orders that...

Microsoft 2000 Keyboard - Wireless - Rfusb 2.0 - English (north (2wj00002)

Microsoft 2000 Keyboard - Wireless - Rfusb 2.0 - English (north (2wj00002)

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Microsoft 2000 Ke...

Microsoft GF7217B USB Comfort Curve 3000 Keyboard

Microsoft GF7217B USB Comfort Curve 3000 Keyboard

The Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 is ergonomist approved and helps provide a more natural wrist position that just feels right from the first ...

Microsoft Gf7217b Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000

Microsoft Gf7217b Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000

Carpal tunnel, aching fingers, pained wrists, and lots of other problems can result from using a keyboard too much and too often... just not the Micro...

Microsoft T2j-00002 Usb Express Wired Mouse - Red/white

Microsoft T2j-00002 Usb Express Wired Mouse - Red/white

The Lotoons Store Microsoft T2J-00002 USB Express Wired Mouse - Red/White 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW S...

Microsoft Wired Desktop Black (APB-00002)

Microsoft Wired Desktop Black (APB-00002)

Microsoft Wired Desktop Black (APB-00002) - Enjoy plug-and-play setup Windows Vista features Microsoft Xbox 360 compatibility and Quiet Touch keys tha...
Microsoft 2EF-00002 Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000

Microsoft 2EF-00002 Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000

Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 is a 2.4 GHz wireless mouse with a connectivity range of up to 30 feet and a DPI resolution of 1000.
MacMall