Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L00002 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L00002 Wired Keyboard

If you like laptop soft touch keyboards, this one is great

Jul 13, 2007

Pros:Soft touch keys, slight adjustment for comfort, great controls for WMP

Cons:Quick keys are not configurable

The Bottom Line: This is for soft touch lovers only. If you are an ergonomic fan, this keyboard will be more frustrating than not.

I love my laptop keyboard because it takes significantly less time to make a letter appear than one of the standard higher key keyboards. I am about an 80-85 word typist on a laptop keyboard and this is cut by about 20-25% when using a standard keyboard.

I sort of gave up hope that there would be a keyboard that had the soft touch quality of a laptop. Not only has Microsoft made one, they have added a level of comfort to it. It is slightly curved so that the hands rest at a slightly more natural setting than when using the rectangular laptop keys. This curve is only minor and does add even a little extra accuracy because of the feature, so now I¡¦m in the 90 word a minute range at times. I must stress that this keyboard is nothing like the so-called ergonomic keyboards that require you to hold your hands as if about to catch a football. If that is your style, then this keyboard is not for you (they are too different to reconcile in a hurry) and let¡¦s face it, when you replace a mouse or keyboard, you don¡¦t want to have to spend much time relearning it.

The extras are also great. Above the number pad is a little button with a calculator on it; for those of us who hate run „³ calc, enter all you have to do now is hit the little button. The most impressive of the quick key functions are those tied to media players; though there is one drawback. If you use Windows Media Player, then the keys work whether WMP has focus. So you can hit the play, pause, mute etc keys and they will work even if WMP is minimized. These keys work well with other media players, but currently, they must have focus.

Apart from the Media Player keys are ¡§web/home,¡¨ ¡§search,¡¨ and ¡§mail.¡¨ Web/home will automatically launch your homepage as you would expect. It opens it in a new window in IE 6 and 7, I have no idea how it functions with earlier versions. This feature isn¡¦t different from the same option on others. The problem is that the buttons are not configurable. The search button launches the search feature within Windows, not a search website. Mail, predictably, opens Outlook. There is no way currently to configure it so that it will open a different email program, so if you have not synced Outlook, this feature is without use.

I love it because of the soft touch keys and the slight addition of comfort without sacrificing typing speed/skills. Apart for the minor issue with the quick keys, I have zero complaints about the keyboard.

Microsoft Hardware 2wj-00002 Wireless Keyboard 2000 Aes For

Microsoft Hardware 2wj-00002 Wireless Keyboard 2000 Aes For

Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information MICROSOFT HARDWARE 2WJ-00002 WIRELESS KEYBOARD 2000 AES FOR Item#: 1054307...

MICROSOFT HARDWARE 2WJ-00002 WIRELESS KEYBOARD 2000 AES FOR
Microsoft 2WJ-00002 Wireless Keyboard 2000 for Business - keyboard - English - North America

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 for Business - Keyboard - 2.4 GHz - English - North American layout
MacMall
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 for Business - Keyboard - 2.4 GHz - English - North America 2WJ-00002

Microsoft 2000 Keyboard - Wireless - Rfusb 2.0 - English (north (2wj00002)

Microsoft 2000 Keyboard - Wireless - Rfusb 2.0 - English (north (2wj00002)

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Microsoft 2000 Ke...

Microsoft T2j-00002 Usb Express Wired Mouse - Red/white

Microsoft T2j-00002 Usb Express Wired Mouse - Red/white

The Lotoons Store Microsoft T2J-00002 USB Express Wired Mouse - Red/White 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW S...

Microsoft ZJA-00002 ARC Mouse - mouse

Microsoft ZJA-00002 ARC Mouse - mouse

Microsoft ARC Mouse - Mouse - laser - 4 buttons - wireless - 2.4 GHz - USB wireless receiver - red
PCM

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Keyboard - Wired Usb

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Keyboard - Wired Usb

Carpal tunnel, aching fingers, pained wrists, and lots of other problems can result from using a keyboard too much and too often... just not the Micro...

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 3tj-00001 Wired Keyboard