Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L00002 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L00002 Wired Keyboard

I love this keyboard - replaced at home and work!

Jan 20, 2008

Pros:The curve is great. Inexpensive. Calculator key. Media buttons.

Cons:Letters wear off.

The Bottom Line: Recommended with reservations. Great keyboard for the price, but it isn't going to last forever.

As I spend all day every day on the computer (both at work and at home) I have discovered that the curved (not split) ergonomic keyboard helps my hands and wrists. I also am not fond of wireless keyboards so I like that this is wired.) I have replaced both my home and work keyboard with the Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000.

There are three things I love about this keyboard aside from the curve:

1. The calculator shortcut key. I use this on a daily basis.

2. The media access keys. Actually, the mute button is the only one I actually use but I love having instant access to that key.

3. The 3-across/2-down layout of the insert/delete, home/end, and page up/page down keys. It seems most newer keyboards today have a 2-across/3-down layout which, if you are used to the old school format, is IMPOSSIBLE to get used to.

The only reason this keyboard doesn't get five stars is because after less than a year of use, the letters are flaking off some of the keys (E, R, U, I, O, and H). It's not a big deal, especially since it's a $20 keyboard, but it is somewhat disappointing.

Comfort and function are the hallmarks of the Microsoft 2000 B2L00002 curved keyboard. Its slightly curved shape places the hands in a more natural po...