-9%

Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000 Web Cam

Bad Experience

May 14, 2009
Rated Show

Pros:Pretty Box

Cons:Did not work.

Blue Screen of Death Generator.  I had nothing but bad luck with this webcam.  After 4 hours of installing, uninstalling, trying different ports, etc., it got boxed up and returned.  the camera would install, Device manager saw it, control panel scanners and cameras saw it, but the microsoft SW provided always said "no camera is installed" - the help file was useless, it told me to try another USB port, so if I unplugged it then plugged it into another USB port, it gave the blue screen.  This is running on XP.  I tried multiple times to remove the SW then reinstall, and in the end, I got the same result, no matter what tweaks I tried.  I even tried it without installing the software, which some other site reviews said you could do, and using Skype, it would not recognize the video, only the audio.  Maybe I just got a bad one, but I wouldn't try another one of these.

Product Details World Class VGA Optics - see more clearly with 2x the light collection than regular VGA optics Superior Low-light Performance - auto-a...
LifeCam VX-5000 WinXP/Vista USB Port English (Red)