Logitech 980374-0403 Headset

Not Comfortable

Dec 26, 2007

Pros:Great Logitech sonic performance

Cons:Uncomfortable, little to no adjustment

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a headset that you will be wearing for more than 5 minutes at a time, keep your receipt.

I have purchased many headsets, searching for a good quality, good performance, low noise headset. Logitech has been a long time favorite. They have many models to choose from, 1/8" jack plug models to USB to wireless.
I have been focusing on the 1/8" jack plug models mainly because of noise. The USB versions I have tried seem to have a high background noise which is not good for voice work.

When I saw this "premium" version jack plug model, I wanted to give it a shot. The pictures on the box shouted quality and comfort. I couldn't wait to get home and try them. I was in for a shock though. The soft looking ear pads were not soft at all. Very little padding, no give and no adjustment. There was also no adjustment for the boom mike, except up and down.

The performance was good however, typical Logitech. Low noise, clear recordings, perfect for voice recordings. For the money, these simple headset/mic combinations rival many of the higher end microphones on the market today.

I ended up taking this one back though. I just couldn't get the ear pieces to adjust and my ears started to hurt from the pressure within a matter of minutes.

If you have sensitive ears, or a head shape that does not conform to the anatomical dummy they used during product design, I would suggest keeping your receipt.