Microsoft (ZJA-00001) (882224729994) Wireless Mouse

PC/Laptop Accessories: Microsoft Arc Laptop Mouse - I love this little guy.

Dec 31, 2009

Pros:Portable, comfortable, precise, convenient.

Cons:Packaging a little hard to get into.

The Bottom Line: I have 0 complaints with this mouse, I am thrilled with how it's performed so far and would suggest it to any laptop user.

I am on the road quite a bit, and sometimes have to work remotely via Laptop. I can't stand the touch pad on most laptops, as I find it inefficient and best, and a nuisance most of the time. It works in a pinch, but for any lengthy/precise work, nothing beats a good old fashioned mouse.

For a while, I had a cheap Targus laptop mouse - which was adequate, it was functional, but wasn't super comfortable or durable, as evidenced by its disintegration earlier this year. I found the Microsoft Arc mouse on sale while doing Christmas shopping, and I decided to pick it up as a stocking stuffer for myself.

Other than the packaging being hard to bust into, I have loved every moment of it so far. The mouse is PC and Mac compatible, and works fine with XP/Vista - I haven't tried it with Windows 7, but nothing I've read leads me to believe there's a problem.

The mouse is small - thin, and lightweight. It folds almost in half for easy storage and portability, and even the USB dongle is magnetic and fits underneath the fold of the mouse (love it). The bag the mouse fits in is also convenient and self closes, and is easy to open and use.

The precision and response is about as good as any non high end mouse that I've used - It features a comfortable scroll wheel as well. The default sensitivty was a little high for my tastes, but that was an easy adjustment to make.

The Arc mouse comes with no software, it auto-installs, and little to no documentation. It's a mouse, you should pretty much know what to expect. And with the Arc, you can expect performance, portability, and comfort. I am 100% thrilled with it.

Note that I am reviewing the item pictured here, the black and great model. The Arc is also available in a variety of colors and glossier finishes for the more fashion conscious laptop users (I'm talking to you, Mac people) out there. The regular price for the mouse is about $40, but you can find it for $30 or less if you look hard enough. Well worth it for the regular laptop user looking for a new mouse.

-Mr_D

Microsoft ZJA-00001 ARC Mouse - mouse

Microsoft ZJA-00001 ARC Mouse - mouse

Microsoft ARC Mouse - Mouse - laser - 4 buttons - wireless - 2.4 GHz - USB wireless receiver - black light gray
PCM

Microsoft ZJA-00001 Arc Mouse - Black / Light Gray

Microsoft ZJA-00001 Arc Mouse - Black / Light Gray

Experience comfort and elegant design in a portable mouse. Accurate and precise laser tracking helps you navigate fluidly by using the scroll wheel or...
MacMall

MICROSOFT HARDWARE ZJA-00001 ARC MOUSE MAC/WIN BLACK PORT
Microsoft 2LF-00001 Wireless DeskTop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Combo - 2.4 GHz Wireless, 15 Feet Range, USB 2.0 Receiver, O

Control and convenience are at your fingertips with the Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. The strong and secured wireless signal allows you to ch...

Microsoft 2LF-00001 Wireless Desktop 800

Microsoft 2LF-00001 Wireless Desktop 800

Secured connection, wireless performance Secure wireless connection Easy-access hot keys Optimized power management
Microsoft D5D-00001 Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - mouse

Microsoft D5D-00001 Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - mouse

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Mouse - optical - 4 buttons - wireless - 2.4 GHz - USB wireless receiver - graphite
PCM

Microsoft D5D-00001 Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black

Microsoft D5D-00001 Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black

Carry this compact and sporty wireless mouse and use it just about anywhere even on your living room carpet relying on Microsoft BlueTrack Technolo...
MacMall