Microsoft Arc Wireless Laser Mouse Reviews

Microsoft Arc Wireless Laser Mouse

+$5.99 shipping Sears

Nice but fragile.

Jan 7, 2010

Pros:Portable with USB

Cons:Fragile Build.

The Bottom Line: Good for portability, but there are other options.

At the cost of $49.99 on the Microsoft Store, its cheap price beats Apple's $69.00 Magic mouse. And it is much more compatible with most laptops and computers. With a reliable scroller that turns on Aero Flip on a single click, and a great sensor that performs well even on glassy surfaces - something that most mouses cannot do. It also is able to fold up into a small ball of plastic to be carried around easily - much to the liking of on-the-go businessmen.
However, the Arc Mouse needs a USB micro-receiver, which is quite a burden to netbook users given that they may have only 2 USB ports, or some even one. Also, the scroller makes a clicking noise when it scrolls - not a very good thing when you're taking part in a meeting. But the most unforgiving fact about the Arc Mouse is that although Microsoft built the mouse to be foldable, the structure of the mouse when it is unfolded is very fragile. After using the mouse for a good 3 months, I accidentally stepped on it when I left my netbook on the floor, and the Arc mouse just gave way and the innards of the mouse came out.
A winner for portability, but a loser for durability.

Microsoft ARC Mouse - Mouse - laser - 4 buttons - wireless - 2.4 GHz - USB wireless receiver - black, light gray