Microsoft Arc Wireless Laser Mouse Reviews

Microsoft Arc Wireless Laser Mouse

Microsoft Arc Mouse (Wireless) - Red

Dec 9, 2011

Pros:Portable, convenient, precise.

Cons:Be careful with that USB Dongle!

The Bottom Line: If you need a laptop mouse, and especially if portability is a concern, you can't beat the Arc.

I had an original black Arc mouse, but made an unpleasant discovery - The individual USB dongles that come with these mice are designed to be used with the one individual mouse, and if you break your dongle (like I did), you can't just get a new one, you have to get a whole new mouse. However, since I loved it so much, I decided to get another one, and this red version was $10 cheaper than the original black - So I decided to put up with the shinier/more plastic looking finish.

Other than the look, I think I prefer the feel of the original mouse a little more, but this one is still comfortable and works fine. Both MAC/PC compatible, this USB 2.0 device boasts 4 buttons and a 30 foot range. The software that comes with is great, and it's extremely precise. The main attraction to the Arc mouse is the size - It's extremely small and folds to 60% of its normal size, with a housing for the USB dongle underneath, and comes with a convenient bag for travel.

The house and dongle are a bit fragile, so handle with care when travelling and not in use. But for overall performance, size, and comfort - It's hard to go wrong with this mouse for your laptop.