Microsoft NSF00001 Gamepad Reviews

Microsoft NSF00001 Gamepad

Good For Playing Games, Despite A Few Flaws

May 17, 2011 (Updated Dec 13, 2011)

Pros:Nice feel
Good layout of buttons
Excellent battery life
Looks cool

Cons:D-pad is horrible

The Bottom Line: 37/40
Considering this is a first-party controller, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything better.

The Xbox 360 Wireless Controller is a pretty good controller. Here's why:

Layout: 10/10
Every button on this controller is put in an appropriate place. They are all within easy reach and are easy to find. I have a small complaint about the start button being so close to the guide button (I accidently press guide when I'm trying to hit start), but this is probably because I have big thumbs :p.

Responsiveness: 7/10
Most of the buttons on this controller are responsive enough except for one, which is the d-pad. Honestly, the d-pad on this controller is horrible. From closer inspection, it appears that it is basically a modified control stick with a directional pad plate thingy put on top, which is different from most d-pads, which just have the + shaped d pad with a cutout in the same shape. Anyway, this modified design is bad because you can try to hit one direction (say right for example) and you'll end up hitting diagonally up or down right, which can be extremely frusterating in some games. Other than the cruddy d-pad, the other buttons are very responsive.

Also, this controller works well even if you are a far distance from your xbox (my xbox is located in my living room, I can go up to my room and still have the controller work).

Battery Life: 10/10
One thing that I've liked about this controller is that it has a good battery life. According to joystiq.com, the battery life of an Xbox 360 controller is 56 hours and 56 minutes, which is stellar. I also like that this controller has an auto shut-off feature, which kicks in if the controller is left untouched for approximately 10 minutes. This ultimately saves a lot of batteries in the long run.

Feel: 10/10
This controller feels great. It has a very nice, natural shape going for it that doesn't feel awkward or too big. Also, the finish material on the controller makes it feel nice and smooth. No complaints here :)

Related Reviews
Xbox 360 250gb Black Console
Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit

Microsoft K8600013 Gamepad Controller For Original Xbox

Microsoft K8600013 Gamepad Controller For Original Xbox

brand new sealed, original OEM Microsoft original xbox controller fast shipping, check my feedbacks NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows - Black (PC)

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows - Black (PC)

For PC, XBOX 360 For the ultimate gaming experience on yourconsole or PC, look no further than the Microsoft Xbox 360! This Microsoft Xbox 360 wireles...
Controller For Microsoft Xbox 360 Usb Wired Gamepad Compatible Pc Windows White

Controller For Microsoft Xbox 360 Usb Wired Gamepad Compatible Pc Windows White

Controller For Microsoft Xbox 360 USB Wired Gamepad Compatible PC Windows White Description White USB Wired Game Controller Game Pad For Microsoft Xbo...

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows - Game pad
MacMall

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows - Game pad
PCM

Microsoft Xbox One Black Wireless Controller - S2V-00001

Microsoft Xbox One Black Wireless Controller - S2V-00001

New Impulse Triggers/ Redesigned Thumbsticks And An All New D-Pad/ New Expansion Port With High-Speed Data Transfer/ Grips And Contours Have Been Desi...
Abt Electronics

Microsoft 52a-00004 Xbox 360 Common Controller Winxp Usb Port

Microsoft 52a-00004 Xbox 360 Common Controller Winxp Usb Port

UP FOR SALE Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows 52A-00004 (52A00004) Gamepad The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent ...

Microsoft Xbox S2V-00001 Xbox One Wireless Controller
Microsoft JR9-00011 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows - game pad - wireless - 2.4 GHz

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows - Game pad - wireless - 2.4 GHz - black - for Xbox 360 Xbox 360 S
PCM