Microsoft Notebook 3000 Wireless Optical Mouse Reviews

Microsoft Notebook 3000 Wireless Optical Mouse

Perfect mouse for laptops

May 10, 2008

Pros:Shape, Price, Ease of installation, Smoothness

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this mouse. It is easy to install and use and it is very smooth.

When I purchased a laptop recently, I also purchased a wireless mouse to go along with it. As I assumed all wireless mice were the same, I just picked one from the Dell website when I ordered. As Microsoft is a huge name, I thought that would be a good one. I was right.

The Microsoft (805529787261) Mouse has been my best friend when working with on my laptop. The following is a list of the many positives of using this mouse:

Ease of installation To install this mouse, all you have to do is plug the wireless controller into a USB port on your laptop and start working. That's it. There's nothing to install. Just plug it in and go.

Smoothness This is by far the smoothest mouse I've ever used. I've had numerous different brands of mice on my various desktop computers over the years, and the Microsoft (805529787261) Mouse is the best. As it's an optical mouse, there's no compartment to get dirty so you never have to clean it out. The optics of it make it as smooth as any mouse you've ever used.

Shape We all know that all mice are basically similar in shape. Each company tries to make their a little different to fit the average hand better. Well, Microsoft has hit the nail on the head with the Microsoft (805529787261) Mouse. It fits my hand better than any other mouse I've tried. It is a definite improvement over the older Microsoft wired mouse I have at my desk at work. It is also ergonomically made to fit right and left-handed people the same. And, the buttons are customizable so you can switch the right and left buttons easily.

Price As Drew Carey says, the price is right. The Microsoft (805529787261) Mouse was just under $20 when I bought my laptop. I'm not sure if this was a better deal than normal because I ordered it with the laptop or not, but I don't think so. The quality I got with this mouse if worth twice what I paid.

As you've read all of the positives, you must be thinking that there have to be some negatives. The main negative I have found is that I didn't buy this mouse a few years earlier. In some other reviews on Epinions, I've noticed others don't like the fact that this mouse cannot be turned off. This is not a problem for me, but this could be a drawback with this mouse.

As you can probably tell, I highly recommend this mouse. It is the best mouse I've ever owned.

Microsoft 3000 3-button Wireless Notebook Optical Scroll Mouse (gray)

Microsoft 3000 3-button Wireless Notebook Optical Scroll Mouse (gray)

The Lotoons Store Microsoft 3000 3-Button Wireless Notebook Optical Scroll Mouse (Gray) 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3...

Microsoft Wired Notebook Compact Optical Mouse500

Microsoft Wired Notebook Compact Optical Mouse500

A better way to work. This wired USB mouse uses an optical sensor to navigate with speed, accuracy, and reliability. From Microsoft.
QVC

Microsoft(R) Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500, Gray

Microsoft(R) Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500, Gray

BlueTrack Technology allows tracking on many surfaces Advanced optical technology allows use on more surfaces than either an optical or laser mouse. W...
Office Depot

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 Black

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 Black

Item Description Payment Checkout Domestic Shipping Return Policy Contact Us Items Description Microsoft BlueTrack Technology - Works on more surfaces...

Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - Pomegranate Red

Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - Pomegranate Red

Snap-in Receiver Scroll Wheel Left or Right Hand Design Ergonomic Design Rubber-sided Grip
Microsoft Optical Mouse 200 for Business; 5-Pack

Microsoft Optical Mouse 200 for Business; 5-Pack

Easy to set up and use right out of the box. Quick and precise navigation; high-performance 1,000dpi optical sensor delivers greater accuracy and cont...
Quill.com

Microsoft 3000 Mouse - Optical Wireless Radio Frequency - Usb - (2ef00002)

Microsoft 3000 Mouse - Optical Wireless Radio Frequency - Usb - (2ef00002)

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Microsoft 3000 Mo...

Microsoft Optical Mouse 200 for Business - Mouse - optical - 3 buttons - wired - USB - black 35H-00006

Microsoft U81-00009 Compact Optical Mouse 500 - Mouse - optical - 3 button(s) - wired - USB - black

Compact Optical Mouse 500 is a wired 3 button mouse for your notebook! Its compact size & stylish design makes it your perfect notebook accessory.
MacMall
Microsoft - Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Optical Mouse

Microsoft - Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Optical Mouse

This 2LF-00001 wireless keyboard and mouse feature 2.4GHz technology for secure connectivity with a range up to 15'. Optical technology provides respo...
Best Buy