Microsoft Zune HD Black ( 16 GB ) Digital Media Player Reviews

Aug 20, 2011

• Sound:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Pros:Excellent sound and video output. Beautiful screen is great for viewing pictures. Lightning fast accelerometer.

Cons:Menus take getting used to. Few Apps. Outdated browser. Mediocre battery life.

The Bottom Line: If you want a low priced music player that is durable, beautiful and sounds great, I would strongly recommend that you check out the Zune HD.

The Zune HD is a very solid, well put together music player that comes with the added benefit of video, picture, app, and internet capabilities. When paired with the A/V docking station and a good sound system and TV, the Zune HD delivers a truly wonderful viewing and listening experience. I bought the HD because I wanted to upgrade my MP3 player, but could not bring myself to shell out the money for an iPod. I was able to find a refurbished 16 GB Zune HD on ebay.com for half the cost of a brand new 8 GB iPod touch, and I think it was well worth it. Though I do watch video on my Zune and play with the apps, it is primarily a music player. I use it in conjunction with Zune Pass and enjoy the ability to browse and search the marketplace directly from the device. The ability to make playlists is also a bonus, but can be problematic since songs and albums can only be added one at a time and songs cannot be removed once added. Also, you cannot overwrite a playlist or modify it once it is saved.  My only major complaint is that Microsoft ought to expand the app library and update the browser. Ideally, they would add apps for flash based webpages such as youtube or update the browser to support flashplayer, so that you could watch from your Zune device.

Recommended for: Music Lovers - High Capacity Storage for an Entire Album Collection