MidNite Chewable Sleep Aid

MidNite Natural Sleep Aid Works!

Feb 21, 2010 (Updated Feb 22, 2010)

Pros:Natural, works quickly, no morning grogginess, can take without water

Cons:Expensive

The Bottom Line: MidNite has been a huge help for me, and I love how quickly these work, and I stay asleep for hours.

For years I have struggled with insomnia, and have been addicted on and off to the ingredient in Unisom Sleep Aid.  I would get myself off of it, cold turkey, only to resort to using it again 6 months later, out of desperation.

Unisom worked great, but I felt I came to depend on it, both mentally and physically, and if I took it too late at night, I had a hard time waking up the next morning.  If I took only a half a pill, it didn't work for me.  My daughter told me about a product that she just loves, called MidNite, and I have been using it with great results as well.

MidNite comes in two forms, a caplet, and a chewable tablet.  I only found the chewable form at Walmart, and that is what I preferred anyway, and I will explain why.  My husband goes to bed an hour before I do, and it's hard to take any medications while struggling around in the dark to get them out of the box, find the cup for water, etc.  With MidNite, the small white pills push easily from their silver foil packaging, and they can be taken during the middle of the night without water.

The 30 count box retailed for $8.19, which I found expensive, but a months worth of good solid sleep is well worth the price.  MidNite comes in a blue and yellow box, which claims it contains natural sleep ingredients, and that it was "physician developed".

Claims

* Non Habit Forming
* Drug Free
* Better Tasting, Faster Dissolving Tablets

My Experience

Over the years I have tried numerous sleep aids, many natural remedies.  The ones that worked the best for me contained Valerian root and hops, but Valerian gives me very bad dreams, so that one is out.

I really have been having a good experience with MidNite.  The small, 1/2" tablets are cherry flavored, and actually taste very good.  They can be chewed or allowed to dissolve in the mouth, but I let them dissolve, which only takes about 30-40 seconds.  There is no after taste, no bitterness, etc.

The directions say to take one tablet before bed or any time during the night.  Or you can take two tablets if you need to.  There is a warning not to drive or operate equipment for three hours after you take these tablets.

I take one MidNite tablet about 15 minutes before going to bed, and I only lay there for a short while before I drift off.  Honestly, I take one of these, and the next thing I remember (after my dreams) is waking up.  Now, when I have been able to get to sleep (like when I first started back on HRT), I would still wake up around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep.  While I wake up early when I take MidNite, it's usually around 6:00 am, which is much better than 2:00 am!  There is no hangover feeling the next morning, I am wide awake, and that is a vast improvement on other sleep aids which have left me feeling more tired in the morning than when I went to bed.

My daughter said she usually reads three or four chapters of a book while in bed, and since she has been taking MidNight, she can't get through more than one chapter and she has to put her book down.

MidNite was developed by a doctor for his wife, and one tablet contains 1.5 mg of melatonin, and a 22 mcg proprietary blend of lemon balm (from leaf), chamomile (from flower), and lavender (from flower).  It is sweetened with mannitol, sorbitol, and sucralose.  Sucralose is the ingredient in Splenda, and I would rather not ingest it, but it is listed as the last ingredient, so I assume there is very little of it in the MidNite tablets.

I keep the MidNight tablets by my bedside, and if I have to take something in the middle of the night, this means I don't have to get out of bed, get a drink of water, and make noise (as well as wake myself up even further).  I simply pop a tablet out of it's packaging and let it dissolve in my mouth.  These are a great product, and so far I have found them to work extremely well.  Time will tell if they do indeed become addictive for me, and if that happens I will update my review to let you know.

Lot Of 2 Boxes Midnite Sleep Aid Chewables 28 Tablets Each Box Exp.4/15

Lot Of 2 Boxes Midnite Sleep Aid Chewables 28 Tablets Each Box Exp.4/15

Lot Of 2 Boxes Midnite PM Sleep Aid Chewables 28 Tablets Each Box Exp.4/15. Take any time of night. No morning grogginess. Not habit forming. Drug fre...

ZzzQuil Night Time Sleep Aid - 6 oz

ZzzQuil Night Time Sleep Aid - 6 oz

Find sleeping aids and travel sickness at Target.com! Introducing zzzquil - a non-habit forming nighttime sleep aid for when you just need a good nigh...

ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid Liquid Warming Berry Flavor 6 Fl Oz

ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid Liquid Warming Berry Flavor 6 Fl Oz

Introducing ZzzQuil - A non-habit forming nighttime sleep aid for when you just need a good night's sleep. From the makers of Vicks NyQuil.

Zzzquil Night Time Sleep-aid, Diphenhydramine Hci, Liquid Berry Flavor 6 Oz

Zzzquil Night Time Sleep-aid, Diphenhydramine Hci, Liquid Berry Flavor 6 Oz

ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid Diphendyramine HCI 6 oz Liquid Item expired 05/2014 sealed with original manufacturer seal Warming Berry Flavor Non-habit ...

Bonine Motion Sickness Prevention Chewable Tablets 8 Per Box - Accessories, First Aid

Prevents and treats nausea, vomiting or dizziness assciated with motion sickness. Chewable - Once-A-Day  - Protection Raspberry Flavored
Seavenger.com

Rugby Nighttime Sleep Aid 50 Tabs

Rugby Nighttime Sleep Aid 50 Tabs

Nighttime Sleep Aid 50 Tabs - If you have trouble falling asleep at night, you're not alone. Regular sleep is essential to our health and well-being, ...
Swanson Health Products

MedicMates - Acupressure Sleep Aid Band Deluxe

MedicMates - Acupressure Sleep Aid Band Deluxe

MedicMates Deluxe Acupressure Sleep Aid Band MedicMates' Deluxe Acupressure Sleep Aid Band is a specially designed adjustable band equippedwith an att...
LuckyVitamin.com

Equate Nighttime Mini-Caplets Sleep Aid 100 Ct

Equate Nighttime Mini-Caplets Sleep Aid 100 Ct

Fall asleep fast and wake up refreshed with the Equate Nighttime Mini-Caplets Sleep Aid. This simply sleep tablet is completely safe, as it is non-add...