Midol Caplets Teen 24 Caplets

Why Midol Doesn't Work

Feb 15, 2001

Pros:Not much!

Cons:Doesn't work well and no lasting relief at all!

The Bottom Line: This may work for younger people, say 12-15 year olds who really don't have bad symptoms but I still say try Pamprin if this doesn't work for you.

Why I Need It
The first 2 days of my period, along with many others I am sure, are just about unbearable. Backaches, headaches, irritability, stomach cramps...oohh the list goes on. And when you get the first sign of pain you really want to reach for a pain reliever that you trust will work and fast. Because if whatever pain pill you take does not start working, you will be about ready to kill someone by the time the pain suppresses.

What it Claims To Do
Midol is a safe, aspirin-free, non-drowsy, caffeine-free formula, which it is hard to find that in any ordinary pain reliever and one of the best ways for me to feel better is to take a pain reliever and then fall asleep. That way when I wake up, I am feeling much better and am not in kill mode any longer. So anything with caffeine can make me stay awake and more alert to my symptoms which I personally do not like.

It claims to relieve the following symptoms, which you normally get the first few days prior and during your menstrual cycle:

1. Cramps
2. Bloating
3. Water-weight gain
4. Headaches
5. Backaches
6. Muscular aches and pains.

What it Did For My Symptoms
For me it took at least 30-40 minutes to start working. I am shaving off a few minutes from what I actually think the time was because when you are in severe pain, a minute can seem like an hour. I noticed that it did relieve my cramps, the stabbing feeling in my stomach but it didn't take away the back pain that I had. The headache was gone although the muscular aches were not. I personally do not notice any water-weight gain so I won't go into that subject, although the bloating can be a problem. That did seem to suppress but did not go away.

Length of Relief
This is the worst complaint I have about Midol Teen formula is that it has no lasting ability what so ever. I would say the symptoms that it actually did lesson or cure, were only gone for maybe 2 hours tops. Which really isn't a long time, especially if you are on the go and can't just sit around and pop in another pill, not that you should sit around and pop pills!

What Pill I Like Better
What brought the big light bulb to me? Seeing the other products in the store made me realize that maybe one, just one will do everything it says. So I decided to try a few of them instead of just getting mediocre relief. One that I have found that works great, it kicks in faster, lasts longer and relieves more symptoms than Midol is Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Pamprin. It truly works so much better. I can even get away with just the Maximum Strength Cramp Relief Pamprin, because I don't get every single symptom, just the ones I get are twice as bad!

Instructions
The box says to take 2 caplets with water and repeat every 4 hours, as needed, up to a maximum of 8 caplets per day. That is for Adults 12 years and older, and as most of us know a 12, 13 or even 15 year old isn't really an adult and they should not only consult their parents but a doctor also. Children under 12 are supposed to consult their doctor as well. Midol is available in 24 count packages. What I have found to make things a little better is to only take one at a time. Take one pill at the first sign and then another when your symptoms come back. I waited as long as possible, which was about 2 1/2 hours after the first pill to take the second one. I only did this for a short time until I discovered there is more than one PMS pill out there.

Ingredients
The active ingredients per tablet are:

500 mg acetaminophen
25 mg pamabrom

The inactive ingredients per tablet are:

croscarmellose sodium
microcrystalline cellulose
starch
titanium dioxide
triacetin

WARNING!! Always Read The Warning...ALWAYS!
It is so very important to equip yourself with the knowledge of all side effects and all other important details in the pamphlet. It is not enough to just read the label, there is always more to know. Why would you want to experience a side effect and freak out when you could stay calm and know what to do and know where the side effects are coming from? Read, and read it thoroughly!

Here is the short list of warnings:
Do not use more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor. If pain persists for more than 10 days, consult a doctor immediately.

Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.

In case of accidental overdose, immediate medical attention is essential for adults as well as children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.

As with any drug, if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product.

Alcohol Warning!
If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask you doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.

**The reason for the NEVER on how often I use this product is because I don't use it at all anymore but I used to use it regularly.

**I only give Midol one star, because if it won't relief all of the symptoms quickly then it isn't worth it. And also, it if doesn't last it really isn't worth it! And no, I would not purchase it again!

Midol Teen Caplets - 24 ct
Handy Solutions Midol Caplets 2 Count (pack Of 6)

Handy Solutions Midol Caplets 2 Count (pack Of 6)

The Lotoons Store NEW Handy Solutions Midol Caplets 2 Count (Pack of 6) 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHI...

Midol Complete 24 Caplets

Midol Complete 24 Caplets

Uses for the temporary relief of these symptoms associated with menstrual periods:CrampsBloatingWater-weight gainBreast tendernessHeadacheBackacheMusc...
Vitacost.com

Midol PM 20 Coated Caplets

Midol PM 20 Coated Caplets

For relief of occasional sleeplessness when associated with minor aches and pains from premenstrual and menstrual periods (dysmenorrhea).
Vitacost.com

Sealed Bayer Midol Complete Caplets 24-count Max Strength Acetaminophen

Sealed Bayer Midol Complete Caplets 24-count Max Strength Acetaminophen

Hello, up for sale I have a new sealed box of Midol Complete 24 count caplets. Expires 05/2014.I do combine shipping for multiple purchases. I use USP...

3-new Sealed Bayer Midol Complete Caplets 24count Max Strength Acetaminophen Cb1

3-NEW Sealed Bayer Midol Complete Caplets 24Count Max Strength Acetaminophen Shipping:$2.00 Lot of 2 ___________________WE WILL SHIP TO THE U.S.THERE ...