Miele W 4800 Washing Machine

best washer ever

Apr 25, 2008

Pros:uses far less detergent, energy efficient, tax credits, much cleaner clothes

Cons:can not operate cycles individually..ie spin, rinse. Shakes on 2nd floor.

The Bottom Line: This is the best Washing Machine. It is well worth the extra couple of hundred dollars. This is the last washing machine you will have to buy ever.

I have had this washer for about a year now. I choose it based on other reviews of Miele. Like the previous review I didn't need all the fancy cycles of the 4840 (a step up)
I love the energy savings, it uses very little water and is much more efficient than the top loader. Miele has a moisture sensor and fills with water until it senses all the clothes are wet, so not to waste water. You could wash 1 towel and only use about 3 gallons of water.(maybe less) ( I have not done this, but I could :)

Also like the previous review I have pets and do find fur/hair inside, also the fur and long hair gets caught up in the rubber seal. Easy enough to wipe out.

I have read with other machines about a mildew/mold smell developing. When I first bought the machine I always wiped the rubber seal dry after each use. With a family of 4 and constantly washing pet bedding and towels I started slacking after about 2 months. No nasty odors have developed. I do keep the door open after each use though.

My laundry is on the upper level of my home and the installer advised that these are meant to be on concrete slabs. During the spin cycle my house does shake. It's the same vibration downstairs that you would feel if you were standing next to a traditional top loader during the spin cycle.

Speaking of the spin cycle- Occasionally I wish when the load was done I could add an extra spin (on my oversized king size comforters) If I wash using a regular cycle my king size comforters come out dripping wet. (the dryer still dries them in about an hour though-the miele drier is equally as wonderful)I have found that using the extended cycle does spin them enough that they are only damp like the other loads. I can wash very large loads of laundry and never have this problem, it only happens on the really thick comforters when I forget to use extended wash. This is something that I can deal with-this is the only washing machine I have ever had that they fit into!

The amount of detergent I use is very little. I buy regular powder tide detergent and throw away the scoop it comes with and use 2-4 tablespoons of detergent depending on load size. It also uses much less bleach and fabric softener.

I would recommend this washer to anyone looking at getting a front loader. The little bit of extra money spent to get a miele is well worth it. It will far outlast any of the others on the market. Not everyone (big box stores) carries them and I have found that there is really no need to shop around the price is very consistent. I purchased mine at a builder supply store for 1649.00 and it included free delivery.

DWM17WDB Portable Top Load Washing Machine With 8 Wash Programs  Electronic Controls

DWM17WDB Portable Top Load Washing Machine With 8 Wash Programs Electronic Controls

This new portable top load washing machine is perfect for those living in apartments or condominiums Features include 8 wash programs 4 water level se...
AppliancesConnection

Electrolux 4.4 cu. ft. Steam Front-Load Washing Machine - Silver Sands Metallic 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

With 4.4 cu. ft. capacity, the Wave Touch Electrolux front-load washer EWFLS70JSS is the largest capacity front -load washer*. It uses steam for bette...

18 Portable Dishwasher - Compact Rolling Apartment Dish Washing Machine

18 Portable Dishwasher - Compact Rolling Apartment Dish Washing Machine

Sunpentown White Eight (8) Place Set Portable Dishwasher Sunpentown White Eight (8) Place Setting Portable Dishwasher Brand New - 1 Year Manufacturer ...

Danby 2.26 cu ft Twin Tub Washing Machine with Spin Dry, White

Danby 2.26 cu ft Twin Tub Washing Machine with Spin Dry, White

This washing machine has an energy-efficient full length agitator with two wash options (normal and gentle).

Whirlpool LTG5243DQ 24 Thin Twin Gas Laundry Center in White with 5 Automatic Washing Cycles LTG5243DQ

Fits where you need it. The Thin Twin provides the convenience of doing your laundry at home. This large capacity machine is designed to save space an...
HomeClick

Versonel Smart+ 1.65 cu ft Portable Compact Top Load Washing Machine

Versonel Smart+ 1.65 cu ft Portable Compact Top Load Washing Machine

Water Levels 10 Delay Start Yes Tub Material Stainless Steel
Newegg.com

Midea 0.9 Cf Portable Washer Washing Machine

Midea 0.9 Cf Portable Washer Washing Machine

Powered by Frooition Pro Shop Search New Midea 0.9 CF Washer Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. Item Description ...

MHW5100D 27 Wide Front Load Washing Machine with Large 4.5 cu. Ft. Capacity  PowerWash

MHW5100D 27 Wide Front Load Washing Machine with Large 4.5 cu. Ft. Capacity PowerWash

Make everyday laundry loads a breeze with this 45 cu ft large capacity washer To tackle your dirtiest jobs this reliable front load washing machine gi...
AppliancesConnection