Milton Bradley Duck Duck Goose Reviews

Milton Bradley Duck Duck Goose

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Milton Bradley Duck Duck Goose

Jan 12, 2010 (Updated Jan 12, 2010)
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:quick preschool game, cute

Cons:requires batteries, annoying sound, could be made sturdier

The Bottom Line:

If you are looking for a cute, fun preschool game, my family recommends Milton Bradley Duck Duck Goose.

My son has always loved animals. Someone always seems to buy him an animal themed game or two. My son received Duck Duck Goose a few years ago for his birthday. It’s a game we played for a few years and have since given to my nephews who are younger.

Duck Duck Goose is recommended for children three and older and requires two to four players to play. Duck Duck Goose is made by Milton Bradley, a name I know and trust when it comes to games. The object of the game is to get the three ducklings that match the three colored dots in your nest. Fill your nest first to win.

Duck Duck Goose comes with one electronic talking goose, 14 duckling pawns, 13 eggshell stands, duck pond game board, four nests and a label sheet. Each nest has three colored dots on it. The dots are red, green, yellow or blue. Duck Duck Goose requires 3 AAA batteries. The battery compartment is located under the goose. You will place the batteries in the goose and the on/off switch is at the bottom of the goose.

Before playing for the first time them game needs to be set up. Remove the ducklings and nests from the cardboard. Put each duckling in an eggshell stand. Apply the eye labels to the goose and apply the four color dots to the bottom of the gray duckling’s eggshell. Apply one dot of any color, red, green, blue or yellow to the bottom of every other duckling’s eggshell.

Place the duck pond in the middle of the playing area. All players need to take a nest and place it in front of them.  Place one duckling on each lily pad space on the game board. Place the goose on the splash space next to the gray duckling.

Let’s Play

The youngest player goes first. Turn the game on. The Duck Duck Goose song will play and then the game is ready.

Lift the goose by its head and move it clockwise to the next splash space with a duckling beside it. Put the goose on the space then press down its head. Its wings will flap and you’ll hear a splash. Watch how close you have the goose to the ducklings because when the goose flaps its wings it can knock over the ducklings. After the splash the goose will say either duck or goose. If the goose says duck, you continue. Move the goose to the next splash space with a duckling beside it and press down on its head again until you hear splash.

If the goose says goose, you take the duckling from the lily pad next to the goose and look underneath. If the color matches an empty spot on your nest, you pick up that duck and place it in your nest. If the dot does not match, you place the duck back on its pad and the next person continues as above. If it is the grey duck with all four colors on it, it can be used for any color on your nest.

Keep playing until one player has all three duckling on their nest and they are the winner. Press down on the goose’s tail to hear it congratulate the winner and sing the Duck Duck Goose song.

To play again, press the goose’s head or tail to start a new game. When you are done playing, turn the goose off and store the game. If there is no action for a few minutes, the goose will shut off automatically. Turn the goose off and then back on to continue play.

Duck Duck Goose is a cute preschool game.  It is a quick and easy game to play. It does not require reading or math skills but does require color recognition.

Of course, the song that plays before and after the game is loved by kids but hated by parents. If your child plays the game over and over, hearing the song, over and over sure does get annoying.

It would be nice if the ducklings would be made out of a sturdier cardboard or plastic as they are bit flimsy. They have stood up to play with my boys but not sure if they are still holding up with my nephews or not.

Duck Duck Goose is a great game for any preschooler. We think it would make a great gift or addition to any preschool classroom.

We received Duck Duck Goose as a gift so I don’t know what was paid for it but I have seen it in stores and online for around twenty dollars.

Amount Paid (US$): gift
Type of Toy: Game
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

Battleship Advanced Mission Electronic By Milton Bradley

Battleship Advanced Mission Electronic By Milton Bradley

MILTON BRADLEY BATTLESHIP ADVANCED MISSION AGES 8 AND UP THIS GAME IS OLD BUT NEVER USED ALL PIECES ARE STILL UNOPENED IN ORIGINAL PKG THE BOX SHOWS A...

Milton Bradley Bop It

Milton Bradley Bop It

Milton Bradley BOP IT Available for purchase new in the package is a 2008 Milton Bradley Hand Held BOP IT electronic game. All my items are not self o...

Milton Bradley Ants in the Pants

Milton Bradley Ants in the Pants

Definitely no picnic, this dizzy Dalmatian's got the fidgets because he's got Ants in the Pants by Milton Bradley Your preschoolers will hoot and holl...
Toys R Us

Milton Bradley Bop It Smash

Milton Bradley Bop It Smash

Milton Bradley BOP IT SMASH Available for purchase new in the package is a 2012 Milton Bradley Hand Held BOP IT SMASH electronic game. Note: The top o...

Milton Bradley new Fun On The Run trouble Game

Milton Bradley new Fun On The Run trouble Game

You are buying a BRAND NEW IN Package NEVER OPENED MILTON BRADLEY FUN ON THE RUN TROUBLE GAME. Contains Game Unit, pop-o-matic dice roller and cover, ...

Milton Bradley Bike Max Electronic Voice Talking Control Center 1995 Sealed

Milton Bradley Bike Max Electronic Voice Talking Control Center 1995 Sealed

You are bidding on this NEW Milton Bradley BIKE MAX Electronic Voice Talking Control Center 1995 SEALED . This bike accessory is new factory sealed. Y...