Milton Bradley Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Talking Musical Motorized Game Reviews

Milton Bradley Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Talking Musical Motorized Game

Fishy Business - Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Game

Jul 23, 2010

Pros:cute, fun, durable, educational

Cons:sayings get annoying, Pat falls off track

The Bottom Line: All in all we enjoyed playing Hasbro’s Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Talking Musical Motorized Game. It was a fun educational game.

Another preschool game I had purchased my son and found when we were cleaning out the game cabinet was Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Talking Musical Motorized Game. I had purchased Penguin Pat for my son for Christmas as I had seen the commercial and thought the game looked cute. I thought it would be a game we would both enjoy playing. It looked like it was both fun and educational.

Penguin Pat is recommended for children three to six and requires two to four players to play. Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Talking Musical Motorized Game is made by Hasbro. The object of the game is to collect fish that match your game cards.

Penguin Pat comes with a motorized ten inch tall plastic penguin that is wearing a yellow rain coat, black and yellow rain boots, a red baseball cap with a green fish through it and is carrying a bucket of fish, a big tuna badge, six blue plastic track pieces, seventeen fish tokens, four plastic beaches, four game cards and a label sheet.

Penguin Pat does require some assembly before playing for the first time. The stickers need to be applied and Penguin Pat requires 3 AA batteries which are not included. Place the big tuna badge on the bucket of Pat’s. The blue track will also need to be put together. Attach one game card to each beach piece and each player will take one and hook it onto the track. Place Penguin Pat on the track. Place the seventeen fish tail side down in Penguin Pat's bucket then turn Penguin Pat on.

Let’s Play

The first player starts by pressing Penguin Pat's hat. Penguin Pat will introduce himself and then you will need to press the hat again. Penguin Pat will waddle around the track and stop at the first player. Penguin Pat will then ask you to either take a fish or give him a fish. When you pick a fish, try to match the colored tails to your game card. If you take a fish that you already have, place the extra one on top of the one you already have. Press Penguin Pat's hat again and he will move to the next player.  Continue playing until one player matches all four fish on their game card.

Mixed in with the other fish is a wild fish with a polka dot tail. You can use this fish on any one of your colored spots on your game card.

When one player matches all four of their fish on their game card they are the winner. They take the big tuna badge from Penguin Pat and Penguin Pat will sing you a victory song.

Penguin Pat helps with matching, counting, color recognition, listening and taking turns. It is a fun, quick game that my son wanted to play over and over. For a few weeks after my son received this game, it is all he wanted to play. I think I got tired of the game before he did.

We did have some problems with Penguin Pat staying on the track. Sometimes he would tip over. You can easily put him back on track but it would get annoying.

Speaking of annoying, the things Penguin Pat said got to be annoying too. With playing the game over and over, the sayings got old quick. Penguin Pat doesn’t have a volume control but you need to be able to hear him to play the game.

Another thing about the game we didn’t like was that you had to tear it down after you were done playing. My son would try to keep it together and put it in the box but it doesn’t fit. It was a pain to set up the game every day that you wanted to play.

I don’t recall what I paid for Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Talking Musical Motorized Game but I do see they currently sell it for around $25.00. Personally I think that is a bit high but if you wait, I’m sure you can find it on sale. Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Talking Musical Motorized Game would make a nice gift for a preschooler or for a preschool class.

We still have Penguin Pat's Fishy Business Talking Musical Motorized Game as it is a game my nephews enjoy playing when they come over. So the game is durable and sturdy.

Amount Paid (US$): don''t recall
Type of Toy: Game
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

Milton Bradley Bop It

Milton Bradley Bop It

Milton Bradley BOP IT Available for purchase new in the package is a 2008 Milton Bradley Hand Held BOP IT electronic game. All my items are not self o...

Milton Bradley Perfection Board Game

Milton Bradley Perfection Board Game

Perfection from Milton Bradley is an exciting race against the clock. Sure, it looks easy - fit all 9 shapes into their proper spaces within the time ...

Unopened - Milton Bradley - Electronic Mastermind - 1997 - Rare

Unopened - Milton Bradley - Electronic Mastermind - 1997 - Rare

NEW UNOPENED - Milton Bradley - Electronic MASTERMIND - 1997 - Rare in this unused condition For sale is a NEW UNOPENED Milton Bradley Electronic MAST...

Milton Bradley ANTS IN THE PANTS

Milton Bradley ANTS IN THE PANTS

Press down the ants and make them jump into the pants in this classic preschool game! Includes 16 ants, 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of suspenders. For 2 t...

Milton Bradley Bop It Smash

Milton Bradley Bop It Smash

Milton Bradley BOP IT SMASH Available for purchase new in the package is a 2012 Milton Bradley Hand Held BOP IT SMASH electronic game. Note: The top o...

Twister By Milton Bradley Bratz Edition

Twister By Milton Bradley Bratz Edition

You Are Looking At A Twister by Milton Bradley Bratz Edition SEALED

Milton Bradley Operation Board Game

Milton Bradley Operation Board Game

Delight your friends and family with Hasbro Operation Reinvention, the classic fun-filled game of skill. This Hasbro Operation Board Game features 13 ...