Milwaukee Electric Tool Milwaukee 5616 - 21 2 - 1/4 Max HP EVS BodyGrip Router Kit (45242032877) Reviews

Solid Workhorse

Mar 15, 2009

Pros:Smooth, powerful, solid, and easy to adjust. Dual collets.

Cons:Changing bits could be a bit easier.

The Bottom Line: A great choice fo anyone looking for a workhorse router - price-competitive with routers of poorer pedigree and performance, and the quality-competitive with routers that cost > $100 more.

I bought the Milwaukee 5616 router to use primarily as a fixture on my router table, and because I needed a router that included a 1/2" collet and was powerful enough to shape rails and styles for some oak cupboard doors I was planning to build.

The machine did not disappoint.  It plowed through 3/4" oak on a single pass without complaint.  It has an overall solid feel to it that suggests that it will last for many years to come.  (Right now, I've only had it a few months.)

It starts up slowly and smoothly, then speeds up, avoiding the jerk that some routers give on start-up.

Height adjustment is easy and smooth, either by reaching under the table or by using the provided wrench which allows adjustment through the top of the router table.

The included 1/2" and 1/4" collets allow me to make use of all my router bits on a single machine, and changing collets is as easy as it can get.  The collets grip the bits tightly.

Changing bits is slightly more awkward; I have to pop the router out of the table to change bits (partly due to obstructions on my table, admittedly), and even then, the range of motion for the wrenches is somewhat limited, and I wish that the flat top of the router were a bit larger to make it a bit more stable while changing bits.

Still, I have to commend Milwaukee on the collet wrenches that they include, beefy numbers with smoothed edges, not the usual stamped metal fare that cut into the palms.

In short, I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a solid, powerful workhorse router.  The price makes it competitive with routers with poorer pedigrees and performance, and the quality makes it competitive with routers that cost > $100 more.

Milwaukee Electric Tool - 2457-20 - Cordless Ratchet, 12.0V, 3/8 in. Drive

Milwaukee Electric Tool - 2457-20 - Cordless Ratchet, 12.0V, 3/8 in. Drive

Ratchets LED light Variable speed Cordless Screwdrivers and Ratchets Product content provided by supplier This listing is for each.

Newegg.com

Milwaukee Electric Power Tool Motor Remote Module Assembly 14-20-0405

Milwaukee Electric Power Tool Motor Remote Module Assembly 14-20-0405

detroit_paint Store OEM NEW MILWAUKEE Electric Power Tool Motor Remote Module Assembly 14-20-0405 MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL REMOTE MODULE ELECTRONIC ASS...

Milwaukee Electric M18 2695-24 Cordless 4tool Combo Kit M18 18 V Auth Dealer

Milwaukee Electric M18 2695-24 Cordless 4tool Combo Kit M18 18 V Auth Dealer

The Milwaukee 2695-24 drill comes with a 4-tool kit of Hackzall, a 4 hex impact driver, a work light and a hammer driller. The 4-pole frameless motor ...

Power Tool: Milwaukee M12 Fuel 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/2 in. Drill/Driver and Impact Kit 2594-22

Shop for Power Tools at The Home Depot. The Milwaukee 2594-22 M12 Fuel combo kit takes 12-volt to next the level of performance. Milwaukee M12 Fuel fe...
Home Depot

Milwaukee M12 FUEL 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 in. Drill Driver (Bare Tool) 2403-20

M12 FUEL 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 in. Drill Driver (Bare Tool) - 2403-20. Bare Tool - Battery and Charger Sold Separately
CPO Milwaukee

Milwaukee® 2790-20, Jobsite Radio

Milwaukee® 2790-20, Jobsite Radio

Powered by all Milwaukee® 12V-28V batteries including M series, V series and NiCad; the Jobsite Radio delivers the highest reception accuracy and sign...
Global Industrial
Milwaukee M12 3/8 in. Cordless Lithium-Ion Ratchet (Bare Tool) 2457-20

Milwaukee M12 3/8 in. Cordless Lithium-Ion Ratchet (Bare Tool) 2457-20

M12 3/8 in. Cordless Lithium-Ion Ratchet (Bare Tool) - 2457-20. 3/8 in. to 1/4 in. Adapter. Bare Tool - Battery and Charger Sold Separately
Tyler Tool

Milwaukee Electric Random Orbit Sander - 3 Amp, 5 Inch, Model 6021-21

Milwaukee Electric Random Orbit Sander - 3 Amp, 5 Inch, Model 6021-21

Milwaukee's Random Orbit Palm Sander produces a fine, swirl-free finish. The permanent magnet motor produces dependable speed and power and features e...
Northern Tool

MILWAUKEE 243220 Expansion Tool,M12 ProPEX,3/8 1

MILWAUKEE 243220 Expansion Tool,M12 ProPEX,3/8 1

Expansion of PEXa ProPEX(R) tubing for termination to fitting, Includes M12(TM) ProPEX(R) Expansion Tool (batteries, charger, and heads sold seperatel...
Zoro