Milwaukee 6514-26 18 Volt Sawzall, The Hatchet and 1/2 inch Driver-Drill Combo Kit

The best cordless sawzall/driver kit on the market.

Aug 5, 2006 (Updated Aug 6, 2006)

Pros:Each tool is best in its class. Nuclear reactor in the batteries.

Cons:Drill is heavier than it looks.

The Bottom Line: Dont even think about buying another brand if you want power, reliablity and battery life. This kit has more to offer than any of the competition.

I bought each of these tools individually, same within the same week. So I feel this review is still 100% relavent.

The milwaukee cordless tool kit is more than you think your getting. Each one of these tools is the best in its class in my opiniion. And I have seen alot of cordless sawzalls and drivers in my trade. My experience with more than just one type of cordless sawzalls give me more appreciation for the Milwaukee Hatchet.

The most important part of this kit is the driver. This driver is by far better than ANY other brand of drill driver. And by better I mean more power, can take a beating like no other, (falls off my 10' ladder onto a concrete floor and doesnt even sound different... more than once!)

To give you an idea of how powerful this drill is, Id like you to imagine a hole saw. 3 5/8" to be exact being driven by this drill which is barely larger than the hole saw/and arbor. And not only does this drill cut through hardy plank and osb with it, but it does it nearly as fast as a corded Milwaukee Magnum drill. And I prefer to use my cordless for hole sawing into hardy plank because if it does hang up it still is not powerful enough to rip your wrists out of socket. And you dont have to find a place to plug in your extension cord.

I have seen alot of guys in my company buy dewalt models, I work with a friend who uses a dewalt 14.4volt driver and believe me it also is a good driver. But I consider the 14.4 volt tools to be a different application and I wouldnt even bother drilling through studs or hole sawing with a 14.4volt of any brand.

And the same goes with other brands in the 18volt range. They are powerful like the milwaukee but the thing that I feel gives the milwaukee driver a massive edge is the lok-tor chuck, which sets with a CLICK. And trust me it will NOT slip, not one and the most grewling applications have I seen my chuck slip.

Even the Dewalt XRP chuck slips on heavy drilling applications. And the battery life is tremendous, I can pop a battery in my drill. And wear it down for a few hours with a hole here and there every few minutes. Then turn around and pop it in the milwaukee radio for the rest of the day without charging it.

But when it comes to battery life you'll never need it more than on your cordless sawzall. Sorry Dewalt its time for the world to know, the Dewalt sawzall will suck your battery dry so fast you're sure to be disapointed and even frustrated especially if you have battery downtime.

With the hatchet side by side with a plumbing contractors dewalt 18volt xrp sawzall we cut on full batteries. We cut on a 2x6 at the same time until our saw blades slowed to a point of ineffiency. The hatchet suprised us both as it last about 4 minutes longer. And this is 4 minutes of heavy cutting and nonstop stress. I was so happy that I won because as an electrician we are always trying to out do the plumbers.

The Hatchet has a pivot action handle which will let you hold it almost like you can hold your drill. It has the most important feature of all the sawzalls in the land... ORBITAL CUT, which basically means it will makes a cut, lift the blade, come back, make the cut, lift up, come back... ANd so on, this prevents the sawzall from snagging/grabbing and then shaking the living day lights out of the material you are trying to cut.

The Hatchet can be disassembled with a screw driver that has the "star" bit on it. And once you carefully pull the covers off of the tool, cleaning is pretty simple. I cut a lot of drywall with my hatchet and I regularly pull my tool apart to blow all of that caking drywall dust out... It doesn't affect my tool performance BUT I love my tools and I try and take good care of them.

I have yet to pull apart my drill, though it has a black disk on the back end of the drill which acts as a motor mount. And I think that disk actually is covering a screw, for cosmetic reasons. But if that screw/disk gets look your drill will get some slight wobble tendencies so be sure to keep an eye on it, it will tend to come lose under a stressful load.

Milwaukee Electric Hatchet Sawzall 6514 120v Motor Field Armature 16-01-1095

Milwaukee Electric Hatchet Sawzall 6514 120v Motor Field Armature 16-01-1095

detroit_paint Store Milwaukee Electric Hatchet Sawzall 6514 120V Motor Field Armature 16-01-1095 MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC HATCHET SAWZALL 120V 6514 MOTOR FI...

Milwaukee Sawzall 12 Volt Armature Catalog 16-010-1090

Milwaukee Sawzall 12 Volt Armature Catalog 16-010-1090

SquareTrade AP6.0 NEW MILWAUKEE SAWZALL 12 VOLT ARMATURE CATALOG # 16-010-1090 This is an Auction for a New in the Box, Milwaukee 12V Armature for Saw...

Milwaukee 6514-21 18v Reciprocating Saw

Milwaukee 6514-21 18v Reciprocating Saw

Milwaukee 18v Reciprocating Saw 6514-21 NEW in Box The Hatchet reciprocating saw with an 18 Volt, 2.4 amp Power-Plus battery for long run time Powerfu...

Milwaukee 2620-22 Redlithium 18volt Sawzall Kit ( )

Milwaukee 2620-22 Redlithium 18volt Sawzall Kit ( )

Stores NEW MILWAUKEE TOOL MODEL 2620-22 CORDLESS SAWZALL KIT 2-48-11-1828 XC EXTENDED CAPACITY BATTERY PACKS,48-59-1812 MULTI VOLTAGE CHARGER CASE.M18...

Milwaukee Service Switch Kit For Sawzall & Drill Models/part 23-66-1491

Milwaukee Service Switch Kit For Sawzall & Drill Models/part 23-66-1491

This is a New Milwaukee Service Switch Kit for Milwaukee Sawzall Drill Models, Part # 23-66-1491. Switches are a commonly replaced part in power tools...

Milwaukee 2720-22 Fuel 18volt Lithium Xc 4.0 Sawzall Kit ( )

Milwaukee 2720-22 Fuel 18volt Lithium Xc 4.0 Sawzall Kit ( )

Stores MILWAUKEE MODEL 2720-22 M18 FUEL 18 VOLT SAWZALL KIT W/ 2-REDLITHIUM XC 4.0 EXTENDED CAPACITY BATTERY PACKS,#48-59-1812 MULTI-VOLTAGE CHARGER,B...