Minwax stain-marker

Minwax Stain Marker Wood Finish

Jan 19, 2011

Pros:Easy to use, no mess, blends well, it works!

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This helped repair a door and trim, saving us money.  It is easy to use and worked great!

I have two furniture markers in my cupboard, but they are for lighter woods.  We needed to do some touch up on some oak trim and doors, and I asked my husband to pick up a furniture marker in a color to match our darker oak wood.

He found the Minwax Wood Finish Stain Marker.  When he showed it to me I thought it was similar to the markers I had been using, it looks like a marker.  However, this pen style marker really contains liquid stain!

This marker is 5 1/2" long and about 1/2" in diameter.  We have color 230 Early American, and the entire front of the package is the color of the wood.  It looked like it would match our slightly darker oak doors and trim, which is what I needed to touch up.

Claims & Uses

* Fast, easy, & permanent
* Touch up scratches & nicks
* Touch up moldings
* Accents & small projects

My Experience

I love this stain marker!  You need to shake before using, and you will hear a ball bouncing back and forth inside the pen as you do so.  The tip is chiseled, like the tip of a marker, and the directions say to depress the tip a few times until the stain starts to flow.  I had to push the tip in 6 times before the stain came out, but then it was very easy to control, with no dripping.

We had one door in particular that was in need of help.  Our dog cratched it when she was a puppy, and there were quite a few claw marks on it that were several inches long.  The narrow tip of the pen allowed me to get the stain right into those thin grooves!  After applying the stain I gently rubbed a cloth over the door to remove any stain that spilled onto areas of the door.

Our door has the typical wood grains running through it, with light and dark tones.  If our door were one solid color, the stain from this pen would probably stand out, but it actually blends in extremely well!  I am very pleased with the results.
I also used the pen to touch up some oak trim in our bathroom.

When we had new flooring put in the "professional" installers did some damage to our trim.  It doesn't look new, but after treating it with this pen, it looks presentable.

The directions say to be sure and replace the tap tightly.  Should the tip dry out you can soak it in mineral spirits.  This pen retailed for $5.47 and was purchased at Walmart.

If you have some small wood objects that need to be touched up, I highly recommend this product.  It can work on furniture, kitchen cabinets, doors, molding, iand nterior wood surfaces.

Available in the following colors:  Ebony, Golden Oak, Red Oak, Early American, Dark Walnut, Provincial, Red Mahogany, Cherry, Pickled Oak.

Lean 'N Mean

Minwax : Ebony Stain Marker

Minwax : Ebony Stain Marker

Traditional Minwax stain in a convenient marker applicator. Ideal for touch ups on furniture, kitchen cabinets, molding or other interior wood surface...
Minwax : Red Mahogny Stain Marker

Minwax : Red Mahogny Stain Marker

Free Ship Minwax 63490 1/3-ounce Wood Finish Stain Marker Ebony

Free Ship Minwax 63490 1/3-ounce Wood Finish Stain Marker Ebony

Stain marker Oil based Enables touch ups and repair of furniture, cabinets, doors and floors Fast drying Ready for immediate use 63490 Features: -Stai...

Minwax 63490 1/3-ounce Wood Finish Stain Marker Ebony Free Ship

Minwax 63490 1/3-ounce Wood Finish Stain Marker Ebony Free Ship

Online Merchandise Live Support Search: Contact Us Why Shop With Us? Store Categories Our Newsletter Add Us To favorite seller 100%Satisfaction Hassle...