Mitsubishi WD-65732 65" 1080p HD Rear-Projection Television Reviews

Mitsubishi WD-65732 65" 1080p HD Rear-Projection Television

Mitsubishi WD-65732 65" DLP HDTV

Dec 5, 2008 (Updated Dec 5, 2008)

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Great value, especially after they lowered the price. Awesome picture and very good sound.

Cons:You'll watch more sports,  which could be bad with spouse. The blacks could be better.

The Bottom Line:

You can't go wrong with a Mitsubishi. Exceptional compared to the competition. After seeing mine, a co-worker bought the WD-65732 and loves it.

We bought this TV in May 2007 from Ultimate Electronics, the sticker was $2699+Tax although I believe we paid around $2500. I didn't care for the matching TV stand since it couldn't accommodate our stereo system components. I kept searching and finally located a stand at the same store we purchased our Mitsubishi from. When I found our sales associate, he said "hey I was going to call you tonight." Mitsubishi was running a sale and had lowered the price on this model to $1799. Since it was less than 30 days since we purchased, they gave us a check for the difference including a rebate on the tax difference. I walked out of Ultimate Electronics with the new stand and over $300 in my pocket. So keep that in mind the next time you purchase something like this. I'd suggest going back into the store and seeing if the price has been lowered during those 30 days.

As far as the TV's performance, the picture is stunning, especially when watching sports. You won't believe the detail.

I've seen complaints about the bulb going out too soon and there is a built in remedy for this. Most salesmen won't know about it but it is right there in the owner's manual. If I remember correctly, there are three settings you can use and one is "Brilliant" along with two lesser modes. The lower modes will make the bulb last longer while brilliant will obviously make it fail sooner. Ours has been on brilliant (factory setting) since new. The bulb burned out for the first time in October. Funny, Mitsubishi had sent a technician to the house to replace a faulty part. This part would have been replaced regardless of warranty expiration. The faulty part caused the TV to shut down because the sensor was indicating an overheat problem that didn't actually exist. I had asked the technician how hard it was to replace the bulb so he showed me. The problem was when he re-installed it, he slammed the bulb housing back in place. Later that night, I turned on the TV and it lasted only a few minutes before the bulb failed. I don't believe this was a coincidence. I called Mitsubishi and they said it would take 7-10 business days for the new bulb. Great, I was afraid it would be as much as two calendar weeks before we could use the TV again. Wrong, it showed up the third day. It didn't cost me anything but the cost would have been $129. I checked other sites for prices and all were around $215-250, I'll stick with Mitsubishi.

I would have been happier if the TV had not failed but Mitsubishi took care of it quickly and professionally. After having this TV for awhile, I would certainly buy another Mitsubishi TV.

I looked at a lot of TV's before selecting this one. To get a better picture from another manufacturer at the time, I had to spend a lot more money. For the price, this one could not be beat. I had considered buying Sony and Panasonic. Most places didn't carry Panasonic and the Sony's were too expensive. It was a good thing I opted for the Mitsubishi because the Sony apparently had problems. The technicians and sales associates referred to Sony and Toshiba as boomerangs because they were returned for service so often. One of the problems was the use of 3LCD systems. Although they used a bulb similar to the Mitsubishi bulb, it was apparently frying the LCD projector. When that fails, you are looking at a $1000-1500 repair bill. They apparently fail as often as 18 months. Add the cost of replacing the bulb once and awhile and it turns into a very expensive TV.

I'm well pleased with our purchase and will certainly buy another Mitsubishi when the time comes. At the moment, I'm looking for a used big screen for the basement, I'm only considering Mitsubishi as a result of our experience with this big screen.

Mitsubishi WD-65732 TV Lamp

Mitsubishi WD-65732 TV Lamp

Brand new Mitsubishi WD-65732 TV Lamp with housing/module, Includes 150 days warranty
Projector Lamps World

Mitsubishi wd-65732 Compatible TV Lamp

Mitsubishi wd-65732 Compatible TV Lamp

New Compatible lamp for Mitsubishi WD-65732 with Housing, Manufacturer Part Number: 915P049010, Warranty: 150 Days
Mitsubishi WD65732 TV Lamp

Mitsubishi WD65732 TV Lamp

Brand new Mitsubishi WD65732 TV Lamp with housing/module, Includes 150 days warranty
Projector Lamps World

mitsubishi wd-65732 tv lamp replacement with bulb and housing

mitsubishi wd-65732 tv lamp replacement with bulb and housing

compatible lamp (with bulb and housing) fits into mitsubishi wd-65732, manufacturer part number: 915p049010 / 915p049a10, warranty: 150 days
PureGlare

Mitsubishi WD65732 Mitsubishi DLP TV Bulbs

Mitsubishi WD65732 Mitsubishi DLP TV Bulbs

Mitsubishi WD-65732 Replacement TV Lamp with cage assembly. Lamp Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb InsideWD65732 TV Lamp Replacement Looking fo...
BulbAmerica.com
Mitsubishi WD-65732 for MITSUBISHI TV Lamp with Housing

Mitsubishi WD-65732 for MITSUBISHI TV Lamp with Housing

Pureglare brand new replacement lamp module for MITSUBISHI WD-65732 (with bulb and housing)Manufacturer Part Number: 915P049010. Warranty: 120Days
Mitsubishi 915p049010 Wd-65732 / Wd-y57 / Wd-y65 Projection Tv Lamp W/housing

Mitsubishi 915p049010 Wd-65732 / Wd-y57 / Wd-y65 Projection Tv Lamp W/housing

Mitsubishi 915P049010 Generic OEM Projection TV Replacement Lamp w/Housing Equivalent Brand MITSUBISHI Original Model No. 915P049010 MGI Part No. MMT-...

TV Lamp Module for MITSUBISHI WD-65732

TV Lamp Module for MITSUBISHI WD-65732

Brand new replacement lamp module for MITSUBISHI WD-65732 (with bulb and housing). Manufacturer Part Number: 915P049010. Wattage: 150 (normal) / 132 (...
Mwave Mitsubishi wd-65732 lamp for Mitsubishi TV with Housing

Mwave Mitsubishi wd-65732 lamp for Mitsubishi TV with Housing

New Replacement Lamp (includes bulb and housing) Compatible for Mitsubishi wd-65732 Manufacturer Part Number: 915p049010
Mwave.com