Monster (127655-00) 6.56 ft HDMI Cable Reviews

Monster (127655-00) 6.56 ft HDMI Cable

A complete SCAM

Apr 30, 2008

Pros:Nice packaging

Cons:You just had your money stolen.

The Bottom Line: This is a known scam in the AV industry. It works on the folks buying their 1st HD TV who have no education. Be smarter than those people!

HDMI cables send signals digitally. They either work or they don't. This is nothing like analogue audio signals which can be effected by wire types.
Monster Cable knew this and must have been horrified at the idea that anyone who did some research might find out that a 9 dollar HDMI cable was the equal of their most expensive. So they made the best packaging they could and invented a lot of specs and WHAMO! a phony business was born.
Before I go any further, allow me to describe my system:
I'm using Mitsubishi HD front projector to a 120 fixed screen in a dedicated theater room. My sources are all Blu-Ray, HD-DVD and HD Cable. Sound is SVS subs and I'm also running Magnepan 1.6'QRs with tube based Rogue gear along with modded Jolida an Odyssey electronics. I'm an audiophile for many years and I've invested close to 20K into my theater.
So here is the fact: Buy the correct HDMI cable from virtually any online source. My HDMI cables were 15 dollars each, are built more heavily than Monster's and work EXACTLY the same for a fraction of the price. It's not possible for one HDMI cable to outperform the other if they are both properly made, as most are.
Monster is not exactly smiled upon by the audiophile community. I feel they sell generic quality products in fancy packages for hilarious prices. Find someone honest at Best Buy and they'll warn you to save your money on a 70 dollar HDMI cable that can be found online for 15 bucks. The results of my comments above were found out through an understanding of HDMI AND tests using a 9 dollar cable vs. a Monster version costing 65 dollars. But check into any good forum on the topic and you'll quickly learn that expensive HDMI cables fall somewhere between Sea Monkeys and the Pet Rock.

Capt RB

Monster MC 1000HD-2M HDMI Cable 6ft Ultra-High Speed HDTV 17.8 Gbps 1080p 16 Bit Ultimate high performance cable with a bandwidth of greater than 17.8...

Monster Cable Ultimate High Speed 1000HD HDMI Cable for HDTV - 2 Meter (6.56 Ft) The Monster Ultimate High Speed 1000HD HDMI Cable offers the ultimate...
Payment Returns Support Newsletter Home Audio Headphones Car Electronics Televisions and Video Portable Electronics Clearance Store Categories All cat...
Monster MC 1000HD-2M Ultra-High Speed HDTV HDMI Cable (2 meters)