Mr. Coffee IDS55 Electric Blades Grinder Reviews

Mr. Coffee IDS55 Electric Blades Grinder

Grind Your Own Coffee Beans - Mr. Coffee IDS55 Coffee Grinder

Jan 8, 2010 (Updated Jan 8, 2010)

Pros:inexpensive, basic, easy to use

Cons:hubby got tired of grinding his own beans

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for an inexpensive, basic, easy to use coffee grinder, I would recommend the Mr. Coffee IDS55 Coffee Grinder.

My husband wanted a coffee grinder so he could grind his own coffee beans. My husband is the only coffee drinker in the house so I just wanted something small. If my food processor would process coffee beans, I would have never purchased a Coffee Grinder. I did a bit of research and found the Mr. Coffee IDS55 Coffee Grinder on sale on Black Friday a few years ago. I figured I would pick it up for my husband. We owned a few Mr. Coffee coffee machines, so I figured the Coffee Grinder should be good too. The Coffee Grinder comes in black or white and cost me ten dollars on Black Friday. I purchased the white grinder for my husband.

The Mr. Coffee Coffee Grinder features a round stainless steel grinding chamber which is supposed to grind more evenly. It has a spacious chamber that grinds enough beans for 12 cups of coffee. The unit has a safety switch to prevent using unless the lid is on properly. It also offers a convenient deep lid that lets you transfer the freshly ground coffee directly to your coffee machine.

The Mr. Coffee Coffee Grinder should only be used to process coffee beans.  You don’t want the grounds combining with other foods

To use the Coffee Grinder you remove the cover and fill the grinding bowl with coffee beans. There is a chart provided that shows you how many beans equal how  many cups of coffee. The chart is easy to read and easy to follow. The maximum the Coffee Grinder will grind is 11 tablespoons which equals 12 cups of coffee.

Once the beans are in place, replace the cover and plug the unit in. You must hold the cover firmly in place and press down on the safety switch . For a regular ground grind about 9 seconds. For a drip grind, grind 15 seconds and for an espresso grind, use 6 tablespoons and grind 15 seconds. When you have reached your desired grind, release the safety switch and wait a few seconds for the blades to stop.

Unplug the unit. Hold unto the cover and turn the coffee grinder upside down and tap on it to make sure all the coffee grounds have fallen into the cover. Remove the cover and transfer to your coffee maker. The Mr. Coffee Coffee Grinder gives a uniform grind.

To clean the Coffee Grinder make sure it is unplugged. The cover can be washed in hot soapy water but cannot be put in the dishwasher. Use a damp cloth to remove any remaining grounds from the grinding bowl.

The Mr. Coffee Coffee Grinder is a basic grinder which is what we were looking for. We didn’t need anything fancy. Just something that was inexpensive and easy to use.

When not in use the Coffee Grinder is easy to store. The unit is compact and lightweight. It is nice enough to leave on the counter but if you have limited counter space, as I do, it fits nicely in a cupboard. I just wrap the cord around the grinder and put it away once cleaned.

The Mr. Coffee Coffee Grinder comes with a one year limited warranty. We did not need to use the warranty.

The Mr. Coffee Coffee Grinder worked for my husband but he quickly became bored with it and went back to his regular brand of coffee. I asked my grandma if she wanted the coffee grinder and she did. She has been using it for over five years and it is still running strong. I no longer had the instructions so I just told her how to use it. It was easy for her to learn and she has not had any problems using it.

You can purchase the Mr. Coffee Coffee Grinder for around $20.00. I have seen it at Wal-Mart, Kmart and online.

Even though the Mr. Coffee Coffee Grinder wasn’t something we used for a long time, when given to my grandma,she used it almost daily. It has lasted a few years and was well worth the price.

Mr Coffee IDS55 coffee grinder. 2.3 oz. blade grinders. Round-shaped grinding chamber. Large transfer lid. Rubber feet for added stability.Safety swit...
Goodmans
About Zoro Shipping Returns Terms Payment FAQs Contact Store Categories All categories Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close fu...

Product Details: Mr. Coffee IDS55-4 Coffee Grinder, White A great way to make better coffee is by grinding your own coffee beans. The dependable Mr. C...
The Lotoons Store NEW Mr. Coffee IDS55-4 Coffee Grinder White 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORL...