-14%
International Playthings My First Beauty Bag by iPlay - G02276 Reviews

International Playthings My First Beauty Bag by iPlay - G02276

International Playthings My First Beauty Bag by iPlay

Oct 12, 2010

Pros:easy to use, durable, nice bag

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: The Bottom Line is this is a great pretend playset for girls!

I have two daughters, ages 3 and almost 5.  They are constantly attempting to get into my hair appliances and makeup brushes. With that in mind I started searching on the Internet for kid-friendly girl playsets ... so that they would leave my things alone!

I found the International Playthings My First Beauty Bag by iPlay on-line and hadn't heard of the company, but liked the looks of the product.  My girls got it as a gift and loved it!

It contains:

- "A little girl's first beauty bag
- Soft, trendy, travel bag includes fun play accessories
- Includes motorized hair dryer, hand held mirror, 3 curlers, hair brush and curling iron
- Motorized hair dryer makes noise just like a real one
- Cute storage case"

The storage case is probably what first attracted me to the toy.  It's a nice, soft, fabric zip up case with plenty of room. It sort of reminded me of a printed Vera Bradley bag.   Inside were all plastic toys, but even with the bag filled with all of them there was still some room. There are 3 small "curlers", a curling iron, a heart shaped hand-held mirror, a brush, and a hair dryer.  (the hair dryer requires a small battery but actually makes noises)

The girls love this set!  The case is used for a variety of things, and still has room to fit in a some makeup brushes I also purchased for them.  They've also used the case to carry around Little People, Beanie Babies and the like.  All of the toy pieces are very accurate and work.  The curling iron doesn't really curl hair, but clips open like a real iron and is easy for my girls to use. The 3 curlers work well and my older daughter can use them independently.  The hair brush is sturdy and brushes hair fairly well, though the bristles easily make our family's hair staticy.  The mirror has actually gotten a lot of use both because the girls like looking at themselves once they've completed a "look" but also because it's the same shape as a mirror used in one of their favorite Barbie movies (Barbie and the Diamond Castle) so they often use it to re-create scenes from the movie. The hair dryer is really accurate and the addition of a battery allows the girls to use the on/off switch and the dryer makes real bow drying sounds. (no air comes out of the dryer though)

This set has really held up well and is really durable. It's fun to play with around the house as well as to travel with.  The girls love playing and imagining with this set and now they leave all of my things alone!

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

iPlay toys encompass a full spectrum of innovative, high quality products that provide years of playtime fun. These unique products allow children the...
Soft, trendy travel bag includes motorized hair dryer, hand held mirror, 3 curlers, hair brush and curling iron.FeaturesA little girl's first beauty b...