Netgear G54 WGR614 54 Mbps 1-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router (WGR614-900PES) Reviews

Netgear G54 WGR614 54 Mbps 1-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router (WGR614-900PES)

Easy to setup, good range, nice wireless

Jan 20, 2008

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:Easy of use and soft menu setup

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: A great surfing and email alternative to expensive WiFi

While not the new N platform, and not a 108mbps router, the NetGear WGR614 provides excellent connection speed for email, and surfing for the value.

I have my wireless router connected next to my desktop, and through a primary netgear router in the media access box. The installation was very easy - I thought I would have to do some serious configuring to run a second router with wireless rather than connecting directly to the modem. NetGear has made it very easy - it detected the connections on its own, and assigned a sub IP to the second router so I can still access all three from my PC with just seperate IP and passwords.

The soft program allows for a wide range of security settings from a none to WPA2 and beyond. I like to restrict access based on MAC address to my wireless devices, and the interface allowed me to do that without much review.

Overall, the connection speeds through out our 5000 squarefoot home (tri-level) is good in all areas, I don't see any need to switch to a rangemax product, and am happy with the standard NetGear connections even at only 54mbps.

Another home run from NetGear, designed nice so it doesn't look like a switch box on my desktop, and unobtrusive, my wife didn't even notice it tucked in behind her paperwork.

Driver Availability: Windows, Linux, and Mac

Conveniently share your Internet connection with your loved ones with the help of the high-performance NetGear WGR614 wireless router. Designed specia...