Netgear WNDR3400 600 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (WNDR3400-100NAS) Reviews

Netgear WNDR3400 600 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (WNDR3400-100NAS)

Returned it and exchanged for a Linksys e2500

May 10, 2012
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:price but that's it.

Cons:non-existent or spotty internet connection,customer service,difficult setup

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this product to anyone. It just didn't work, and I do not believe it was due to a defective unit.

I purchased this unit to replace an OLD Linksys WRT54G router because of connection problems with an HP Wireless printer and a Nook Color.  When researching the Nook forums for connection problems, it seemed folks were satisfied with the Netgear n600 - wndr 3400 and that the two were compatible.  They were, but the problem was, none of our laptops (1 < 1yr old Acer, a 1.5 year old HP and an older Macbook) could access the internet.  Our HP Officejet Pro 8500 series also could not stay connected.

All of the units showed a strong signal to the router, but no internet access.  Internet access would mysteriously work and then stop.  I phoned customer service on two occasions in two days to try to troubleshoot and get this thing going - what a nightmare!  CS is outsourced to India (?). I could barely understand these folks ('wirus' not 'virus'!).  I got two different solutions from 2 different CS reps.  Neither fixed the problem.  At the end of the first CS call, I was transfered to a 'supervisor' who was really a sales person trying to sell me computer protection from iYogi at $169/year. He was also very pushy.

The setup was not easy and I am a very computer literate person. I was also directed to the Netgear Forum by CS in case I experienced additional issues (guess they didn't want to be bothered anymore).  I posted a comment seeking help for the internet access issues, but no one ever responded.  There were also alot of comments from other people having the same issues I was having but no real workable solutions posted.  In the two days I owned the n600, I spent HOURS trying to get it to work but with very little actual connection time.

'If it ain't broke - don't fix it'...I should have bought the Linksys unit to begin with and saved myself alot of wasted time and energy.  BTW, the exchange at Staples was probably the easiet exchange process I ever experienced.   I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Driver Availability: Windows, Linux, and Mac

Netgear Rangemax Wndr3400 Wireless Router - 600 Mbps 4 X (wndr3400100nas)

Netgear Rangemax Wndr3400 Wireless Router - 600 Mbps 4 X (wndr3400100nas)

Ideal for playing games online, streaming HD video, and networking, the NetGear WNDR3400 wireless N router has Wi-Fi speeds of up to 600 Mbps. The Net...

Netgear Wndr3300 300 Mbps 4-port 10/100 Wireless N Router (wndr3300-100nas)

Netgear Wndr3300 300 Mbps 4-port 10/100 Wireless N Router (wndr3300-100nas)

The NetGear WNDR3300 is capable of both wireless and wired Internet connection for home and business use. This wireless router has a maximum speed of ...

NETGEAR WNDR4300 - Premium Edition - wireless router - 4-port switch - Gigabit LAN - 802.11 a/b/g/n WNDR4300-100NAS

NetGear WNDR4300-100NAS WNDR4300 - Premium Edition - wireless router - 802.11 a/b/g/n - desktop

NETGEAR WNDR4300 - Premium Edition - wireless router - 4-port switch - GigE - 802.11 a/b/g/n - Dual Band
PCM

MacMall
Netgear Wndr4300 Wireless Router - Ieee 802.11n

Netgear Wndr4300 Wireless Router - Ieee 802.11n

Stream your favorite HD movies from the Internet without any hassle using the NetGear N750 Premium Edition wireless router. Being compatible with 802....

Netgear N750 450 Mbps 4-port Gigabit Wireless N Router Wndr4300 Premium Edition

Netgear N750 450 Mbps 4-port Gigabit Wireless N Router Wndr4300 Premium Edition

Netgear Wndr4300-100nas N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router - Premium Edition

Netgear WNDR4300-100NASB NETGEAR N750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (WNDR4300)

Netgear WNDR4300-100NASB NETGEAR N750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (WNDR4300)

The Premium Edition Netgear WNDR4300-100NAS N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router lets you create a fast, widespread wireless network in your home. T...