Netgear WNDR3400 600 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (WNDR3400-100NAS) Reviews

Netgear WNDR3400 600 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (WNDR3400-100NAS)

Returned it and exchanged for a Linksys e2500

May 10, 2012
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:price but that's it.

Cons:non-existent or spotty internet connection,customer service,difficult setup

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this product to anyone. It just didn't work, and I do not believe it was due to a defective unit.

I purchased this unit to replace an OLD Linksys WRT54G router because of connection problems with an HP Wireless printer and a Nook Color.  When researching the Nook forums for connection problems, it seemed folks were satisfied with the Netgear n600 - wndr 3400 and that the two were compatible.  They were, but the problem was, none of our laptops (1 < 1yr old Acer, a 1.5 year old HP and an older Macbook) could access the internet.  Our HP Officejet Pro 8500 series also could not stay connected.

All of the units showed a strong signal to the router, but no internet access.  Internet access would mysteriously work and then stop.  I phoned customer service on two occasions in two days to try to troubleshoot and get this thing going - what a nightmare!  CS is outsourced to India (?). I could barely understand these folks ('wirus' not 'virus'!).  I got two different solutions from 2 different CS reps.  Neither fixed the problem.  At the end of the first CS call, I was transfered to a 'supervisor' who was really a sales person trying to sell me computer protection from iYogi at $169/year. He was also very pushy.

The setup was not easy and I am a very computer literate person. I was also directed to the Netgear Forum by CS in case I experienced additional issues (guess they didn't want to be bothered anymore).  I posted a comment seeking help for the internet access issues, but no one ever responded.  There were also alot of comments from other people having the same issues I was having but no real workable solutions posted.  In the two days I owned the n600, I spent HOURS trying to get it to work but with very little actual connection time.

'If it ain't broke - don't fix it'...I should have bought the Linksys unit to begin with and saved myself alot of wasted time and energy.  BTW, the exchange at Staples was probably the easiet exchange process I ever experienced.   I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Driver Availability: Windows, Linux, and Mac

NETGEAR WNDR4300 - Premium Edition - wireless router - 4-port switch - Gigabit LAN - 802.11 a/b/g/n WNDR4300-100NAS

Netgear NETGEAR WNDR4300 - Premium Edition - wireless router - 4-port switch - GigE - 802.11 a/b/g/n - Dual Band (WNDR4300-100NAS)

The NETGEAR N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router - Premium Edition offers high-performance wireless speeds up to 300+450 Mbps and with simultaneous ...
Dell

Netgear Wndr4300 Wireless Router Ieee 802.11n Wndr4300-100nas

Netgear Wndr4300 Wireless Router Ieee 802.11n Wndr4300-100nas

Stream your favorite HD movies from the Internet without any hassle using the NetGear N750 Premium Edition wireless router. Being compatible with 802....

NetGear WNDR4300-100NAS WNDR4300 - Premium Edition - wireless router - 802.11 a/b/g/n - desktop

PCM

MacMall
Netgear Wndr4000-100nar Netgear Wndr4000 N750 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router

Netgear Wndr4000-100nar Netgear Wndr4000 N750 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router

The NETGEAR N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router offers maximum-performance wireless speeds of up to 450 + 300 Mbps needed for demanding application...

Netgear WNDR4300-100NASB NETGEAR N750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router

Netgear WNDR4300-100NASB NETGEAR N750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router

Newegg.com

Netgear WNDR4300-100NASB NETGEAR N750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (WNDR4300)

The Premium Edition Netgear WNDR4300-100NAS N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router lets you create a fast, widespread wireless network in your home. T...

Netgear Wndr3700 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Kit

Netgear Wndr3700 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Kit

If you want to create a small network of computers with high-speed Internet access in homes or small offices, then the NetGear WNDR3700 router might j...

Netgear Inc Wndr3300 Netgear Rangemax Dual Band Wireless-n Router

Netgear Inc Wndr3300 Netgear Rangemax Dual Band Wireless-n Router

The NetGear WNDR3300 is capable of both wireless and wired Internet connection for home and business use. This wireless router has a maximum speed of ...