NetGear WPN111 (606449039818) Wireless Adapter Reviews

NetGear WPN111 (606449039818) Wireless Adapter

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

NetGear RangeMax WPN111 Wireless Adapter

Mar 6, 2007

Pros:Easy and Quick Installation.

Cons:Over Priced. Overheats after few minutes which causes it to disconnect.

The Bottom Line: Do Not Buy this wireless adapter.

I bought the Netgear RangeMax WPN111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter over a year ago and was not satisfied by the product. The installation process was very easy and fast. The box came with a holder, a 6ft usb cable, manual, driver installation cd, and usb adapter. The range of this wifi is not very strong as my old wlan adapter (802.11b) even beat the signal. It was stable at first when on the internet but after 30 minutes problems would occur. The main problem with this unit is that it overheats very quickly which causes the usb adapter to disconnect. When this happened, I usually would take out the usb adapter and wait a couple minutes for it to cool down and then I would put it back in. The range is not as the box describes it and doesn’t even work well rangemax router. This unit annoyed me so much that I finally sold it a coule of months ago. The price annoyed me the most. It is too pricey for an adapter that has many bugs. My recommendation for this wireless usb 2.0 adapter is don’t buy it. You might even be better off with the netgear 54mbps usb adapter.

New in sealed box! Netgear RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter. Model WPN111.Supports Windows Vista Speed 10x Coverage 10x Super-G Compatible 108 Mbps s...