Natural Balance Pet Foods Natural Balance Salmon Formula Ultra Premium Canned Cat Food 24/6oz Cans Reviews

+$6.99 shipping Only Natural Pet
+$4.95 shipping Chewy.com
Free Shipping PetFoodDirect

Keeps those kitties in a Natural Balance

May 9, 2008

Pros:High quality food that my cats really liked

Cons:Labeling isn't very helpful

The Bottom Line: I think this is a high quality food that most cats would enjoy and the owner can feel good about feeding.

Natural Balance Indoor Cat Formula - Ultra premium cat food

This cat food is endorsed by Dick Van Patten, the all knowing dad from “Eight is Enough”. So, does this means he knows all about cat food as well? I’m not so sure.

My first complaint was that the title -Indoor Cat Formula - doesn’t tell me anything about the flavor. With one cat who doesn’t like seafood flavors, this is very important for me to know before purchasing any canned food. For the record, this one contains chicken, liver and salmon. Also, what exactly does Indoor Cat Formula mean? Does it make the litter box less stinky? Is it lower in calorie for less active indoor cats? The can’s label doesn’t give any insights. (In later checking the website, it says this was formerly labeled as a Hairball Formula)

I didn't notice any difference in their bathroom habits after they ate this for the first time, either for the positive or the negative. The upside to this is that they didn't get upset tummies, the downside is no reduction in odor when they used the litterbox.

Having purchased other premium brands of cat food, I found this didn’t look to be as appealing or protein based. It comes out in the pink lump of less expensive brands, although I admit it didn’t stink like those do. There is no texture to this cat food - even the Nine Lives brand with rice had little rice pieces in it. It is all natural and made of meat, not meat by-products. The ingredients are chicken, chicken broth, chicken liver, salmon, oat bran, ground brown rice, dried cranberries and parsley.

How did my cats like it? They preferred it over the grocery store brands, but it didn’t get eaten as quickly as the other premium brand that I gave them a couple of days ago.

The cost was 89 cents for the can. So it was mid-priced, between the premium brand I’ve purchased before, and the grocery store brands. This was in keeping with the appearance and smell of the product - that is also somewhere in between.

Natural Balance
Only Natural Pet
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Salmon & Green Pea Formula Canned Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 24; Fussy felines everywhere agree: green pe...
Chewy.com
If your cat loves fish your cat will love the delicious taste of Natural Balance Salmon Formula Ultra Premium Canned Cat Food. All Natural Balance c...
PetFoodDirect
Natural Balance Ultra Premium Salmon Formula Canned Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 24; Say the word, and hear the purr: salmon. It's music to your cat's fuzz...
Chewy.com
If your cat or kitten has food allergies they no longer have to suffer! With Natural Balance Grain Free Limited Ingredient Salmon & Green Pea Canned ...
PetFoodDirect