Kevin Trudeau - Natural Cures "they" Don't Want You to Know About

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Let's Look At Trudeau's Natural Cures Again

Nov 7, 2005 (Updated Nov 7, 2005)

Pros:makes many good points; weight loss and health advice; you should become healthier and slimmer

Cons:repetitive; promotional; some things questionable

The Bottom Line: Nearly 2000 reviews of book on Amazon with three stars average. You either love it or hate it.

I had never heard of Kevin Trudeau until a friend loaned me his latest, bestselling book, Natural Cures “They” Don’t Want You To Know About.” I rarely watch TV or silly infomercials (don‘t even have cable anymore). Trudeau has for quite a few years amassed his fortune by selling different products to sell with infomercials:

"Hair Farming," "Mega Memory System," "An Addiction Breaking System," "Action Reading System," "Eden's Secret," and "The Mega Reading System".

He has been imprisoned twice, it seems, for credit card fraud and, as he puts it in his book, because he was set up by the Federal Trade Commission, I believe. The bad guys in his book include the FTC, the FDA (the Food and Drug Association), the pharmaceutical companies and what he calls casually the food industry. It would seem he means those people feeding us inferior food. Trudeau believes that conventional, medical doctors are great in an emergency, but that their weapons of choice against health problems, those being drugs and scalpels, have been ineffective and dangerous for our chronic health problems….

Since prescription and nonprescription drugs are the United States’ fourth leading killer today, he does have a good point. He believes that medical doctors treat symptoms by covering them up or telling patients it’s in their heads rather getting to the root of the health problem. That is Eastern medicine wisdom, looking at the body as a whole entity and not just parts, and much older than the specialized Western way of doing things.

It takes quite a few pages in Natural Cures “They” Don’t Want You To Know About” to learn what these natural cures are that are being withheld from us in the United States. First Trudeau warns us to read his 569-page book (excluding testimonials in the back and another sales pitch) from beginning to end without skipping around. He wants to make certain that we understand how his natural cures are indeed natural cures for all diseases that are not ‘at the point of no return.’

He also wants to drive home a few of his key points before we encounter his chapter holding the natural cures. One is that he does not sell a health product and cannot give specific recommendations himself as in product names, but he can give general recommendations and send us to his website (natural cures.com) so that as a member of his website you may request specific recommendations from licensed healthcare practitioners. He mentions the medical clinic in Reno, Nevada he goes to.

Many people criticize this as if it’s a scam. I haven’t become a member for $5.95 a month and can’t judge this, but I do believe it is good sense from a legal standpoint. Trudeau is not a doctor. He is a consumer advocate who is steaming mad about health care in America and he’s doing something about it. He’s done the research, flown all over the world to different doctors and met with corporate leaders. The books he recommends are a chapter themselves and I’ve read six of them. Some are by medical doctors, others by natural medicine doctors and people like himself. There is no bibliography for, he claims, it would run hundreds of pages, but those books give an excellent idea of what he reads and how he came up with his opinions.

Speaking of opinions, he frequently notes that Natural Cures is full of his opinions and they are according to the information available now just like medical ‘facts’ are also opinions based on what they know now. Very often drugs approved by the FDA are withdrawn after many deaths occur and nutritional advice from the FDA and doctors change over the years as they gather more research.

Trudeau’s book will usually be loved or hated, depending on your expectations and probably on how well you like him and distrust government. I’m kind of on the fence. He’s very repetitive, but he did warn about that, and that frustrated me for I am likely one of the few people who read it straight through. I did find it interesting when he explained why people are fat and think I could do a better job. One reason they are fat is that they eat too much, he says, but I would say it is what they choose to eat and sometimes it’s not much.

Finally he explains the four reasons why we get sick. We are full of toxins accumulated through the years from our diets, our lifestyle and our environment; we have nutritional deficiencies; we suffer electromagnetic chaos (from cellphones, computers, power lines, microwaves and such); and stress.

He believes that disease can only develop when our bodies have more acid than alkaline pH and I go along with that. Our bodies are able to work properly and heal themselves when we give them a chance to do so unless, of course, it’s just too late and the cancer has spread everywhere or our arteries are almost fully clogged. Trudeau helps us to understand how we can balance our pH so it’s more alkaline, which means addressing the reasons why we get sick.

On the back of the book, he promises to help us to lose weight easily and keep it off. I think you will if you take just half of his advice. There are pages of things you can do naturally and it isn’t about pills. It isn’t just a simple miracle cure many people expect, but it’s a rejuvenating, cleansing, lifestyle change.

If you suffer from health problems like herpes, acid reflux, diabetes, varicose veins, depression, cancer, AIDS, heart disease, A.D.D, MS and allergies, Trudeau discusses them all and how they develop. He believes that prescription and nonprescription drugs taken alone exacerbate our health problems in the long run and I must agree. The FDA believe that only drugs prevent and cure disease, calling every health problem, even obesity and acid reflux, a disease, and that’s not right. A friend of mine has had heartburn for many years and when I suggested that a doctor should check it out, she drastically reduced how much Coke she drinks every day and no longer has heartburn. Another friend had a hormone replacement patch for about eight years and was experiencing serious side effects, including weight gain, that all disappeared when she removed it and used natural progesterone cream.

Trudeau ends Natural Cures with three appendixes that are not recipes, meal plans or the like. They involve his weight loss tips and research into various things from some of his newsletters, a true FDA horror story from the 70s and 80s that was eye-opening, and website addresses to many different places for more information.

This 2004 book has been updated with comments about what happy buyers are emailing to him and a revised chapter the FDA didn’t like. There are fifteen titled chapters that build upon each other so it’s best to read the book as written. It is written to the average person for educational purposes only, Trudeau often reiterates, and not for a medical person who needs graphs, statistics and clinical studies. You should work with a licensed doctor who doesn’t use drugs and surgery if you want to become healthier.

I haven’t told you all of his main points so you will have that to look forward to in his book, as well as his advice. My concerns about Natural Cures are that he often sounds like a broken record and his book could’ve been less swollen to make it less irritating; he begged us over and over to support him by becoming a member at his website; and I’m also wary of his Scientology and quantum physics leanings and that he dismisses the role of our genes. I’ve read some of the criticism about his book and think his book makes the government and medical doctors mad because it makes them look very bad. It makes other people mad because they think they need a specific product name only found with licensed doctors he recommends on his website for members. Give me a break!

I also think you will become healthier and slimmer if you follow Kevin Trudeau’s advice and will learn a lot about how to treat yourself right. That’s no small matter in this sickly society, so it gets three stars.

My review of The pH Miracle that Trudeau recommends:

He also recommends John Robbin's Diet For A New America and Food Revolution; Gary Null's Power Aging, a doctor's Okinawa Diet and Dr. Batman's Our Many Cries For Water, which I've reviewed highly, but it's past my bedtime and I will add links later.

Kevin Trudeau Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About Hardback

Kevin Trudeau Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About Hardback

Visit My eBay Store C L Supply Click Here NEW Hardbound Natural Cures by Kevin Trudeau 2004 You are bidding on a NEW hardback edition of Natural Cures...

More Natural Cures Revealed By Kevin Trudeau (2006, Book) Originally $24.95

More Natural Cures Revealed By Kevin Trudeau (2006, Book) Originally $24.95

PLEASE LET ME KNOW BEFORE YOU PAY SO I CAN REDUCE YOUR SHIPPING FEES, IF YOU HAVE WON MORE THAN ONE OF MY AUCTIONS. This item comes to you from a smok...

More Natural cures Revealed By Kevin Trudeau (2010, Hardback, Original)

More Natural cures Revealed By Kevin Trudeau (2010, Hardback, Original)

Visit My eBay Store C L Supply Click Here Payment Information After ordering, click the PAY NOW button to complete the transaction with your paypal pa...

Natural Cures they Don't Want You To Know About-kevin Trudeau Orig $29.95

Natural Cures they Don't Want You To Know About-kevin Trudeau Orig $29.95

Some... extremely minor.... flaws on the lower edges of the jacket. PLEASE LET ME KNOW BEFORE YOU PAY SO I CAN REDUCE YOUR SHIPPING FEES, IF YOU HAVE ...

2004 Kevin Trudeau Natural Cures Updated Edition Book Medicine Self Help Hc

2004 Kevin Trudeau Natural Cures Updated Edition Book Medicine Self Help Hc

This is Brand New Never used We ship with in 24 Hours Business Comes from a smoke free pet free home Make sure to check out my other items for great d...

More Natural cures Revealed - Trudeau, Kevin

More Natural cures Revealed - Trudeau, Kevin

More Natural Curves Revealed - Kevin Trudeau - 9780975599549 - 0975599542

More Natural Curves Revealed - Kevin Trudeau - 9780975599549 - 0975599542

9780975599549 - 0975599542 - Kevin Trudeau - Alliance Publishing Group, Inc. - 06 Edition
Textbooks.com

Book - Kevin Trudeau - Debt Cures Ii they Really Don't Want You To Know About

Book - Kevin Trudeau - Debt Cures Ii they Really Don't Want You To Know About

Book: Business Economics Title: DEBT CURES II THEY REALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT Publisher: Equity Press Published: 2009 Format:Hardcover Condit...

3 Books By Kevin Trudeau Debt Cures They Don't Want You To Know About Weight Los

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY STORE FOR MORE GREAT ITEMS FOR SALE This is for a lot of 3 NEW Kevin Trudeau books 1 -- Debt Cures they don't want you to know abo...

Book - Debt Cures: they Don't Ant You To Know About - Kevin Trudeau

Book - Debt Cures: they Don't Ant You To Know About - Kevin Trudeau

BOOK: BUSINESS ECONOMICS TITLE: DEBT CURES: THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT AUTHOR: KEVIN TRUDEAU Publisher: Equity Press Published: May 2007 Format...