Pharmavite Nature Made Folic Acid 600 mcg with DHA - 300 Tablets (2 Bottles) Supplement Reviews

~~ Nature Made Folic Acid with DHA ~~

Jul 27, 2008 (Updated Jul 27, 2008)

Pros:Easy to swallow, folic acid, DHA, softgel form is better than tablets

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Nature Made Folic Acid with DHA Supplement is an easy way to ensure daily intake of folic acid.

I take one Nature Made Folic Acid with DHA Supplement every day with my dinner.

The Product
Nature Made Folic Acid with DHA Supplement (300 Softgels) is packaged in a dark brown plastic bottle with a lid that can flip up. I purchased the container of 300 softgels from Costco for approximately $13.

Nature Made States
"Folic acid with DHA is important for women of childbearing age. Plays a role in the development of the nervous system of the fetus. Adequate Folic Acid in healthful diets may reduce a woman's risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect. Folate intake should not exceed 250% of the Daily Value (1000mg)."

Ingredients
Fish oil, gelatin (non-bovine), glycerine, yellow beeswax, resin, water, soy lecithin, titanium dioxide (artificial color), folic acid, tocopherols, yellow 6, red 40, cyancobalamin, blue 1.
Contains: Fish (Anchovy, Sardine)

Contact and Miscellaneous Information
- Website = www.naturemade.com
- Questions? Comments? 1-800-276-2878
- No artificial flavors, no preservatives, no starch, yeast or gluten

Product information taken from product packaging.

My Experience
Though I try to eat a balanced diet throughout the day, I'm never sure of how much folic acid I intake. I purchased Nature Made Folic Acid with DHA to increase my folic acid intake.

I like that the tablets are softgels. These folic acid softgels are quite small, measuring approximately 0.9cm by 0.5cm at its longest points. The softgels are light brown, oval shaped, and coated, which makes them easier to swallow. I had previously taken Nature Made's regular Folic Acid tablets before and they were circular and could dissolve on the tongue if left there too long. I much prefer taking these folic acid softgels with DHA than the previous Nature Made folic acid tablets.

I take one of the softgels with my dinner. Since starting this routine, the softgels have never upset my stomach and I have not experienced any adverse reaction from taking them. Folic acid is important and plays a role in decreasing the risk of a neural tube defect. The Nature Made Folic Acid with DHA is an easy supplement to take that will ensure that daily recommended levels of folic acid intake are met.

This Nature Made Folic Acid softgel also contains DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid), which is an omega-3 fatty acid. DHA plays an important role in brain and eye development and can also reduce the risk of heart disease. Despite having fish oil in the tablets, I've never experienced any fishy aftertaste or fish breath after ingesting a softgel.

I like that the softgel combines both folic acid and DHA. Taking one of the Nature Made Folic Acid softgels with DHA is an easy way for me to know that I'm getting my daily recommended intake of folic acid ... along with some DHA.

Overall Thoughts