Pharmavite Corporation Nature Made Omega-3 / Omega-6 Fish Oil200 Softgels

Nature Made Omega-3 Fish Oil 1200 mg Softgels

Aug 30, 2006

Pros:Heart healthy, supposedly good for skin, hair and depression

Cons:Large 'softgels', the name softgels [who came up with that?]

The Bottom Line: With so many benefits that come with it, why not try it?!

This product should be titled: Nature Made Omega-3 Fish Oil 1200 mg Softgels and not 200mg and neither does it specify that it contains Omega 6

So what's the big deal about Omega 3's?
AHA and Mayo Clinic agree that omega 3 or fish oil supplementation [or eating lots of fish/walnuts/other food rich in EPA/DHA] is a good thing for your heart- to decrease overall cardiac risk in various ways. To read more, see their websites:

Flaxseed oil does not seem to be a substitute for Fish Oil.

Spot it in the Vitamin Aisle
It comes in the usual Nature Made packaging with a yellow label over a dark brown glass bottle that has a flip top lid.

It is available in various sizes-
• Fish Oil 1200 mg 300 Count
• Fish Oil 100 Count
• Fish Oil 1200mg 200 Count
• Fish Oil Family Size 180 Count
• Fish Oil Bonus Bottle 120 Count
• Odorless Fish Oil 1200mg 60 Count

The capsules are called softgels-[what on earth does that mean? Even my spell check does not like that word! Anyway, they are rather large, about an inch across, and are oval shaped. But surprisingly they are not difficult to swallow!

They are clear, so you can see the yellow fish oil inside. The fish oil is supposedly from only wild ocean fish.

Dosage
The recommended dose is 1 or 2 softgels [there's that word again!] with a meal. The label says that it has 1200mg of Omega 3's. It does not say if this is in each capsule or not.

The dosage to actually reduce triglycerides in your blood is much higher. Ask your doctor how much to take.

Please read precautions before using.

Cost
This cost me $12.99 at Target for 180 softgels. I forgot to take the Naturemade coupon along. They always have a $1 off coupon on their website!

Ingredients
Fish Oil Concentrate, Gelatin (non-bovine), Glycerin, Water, Tocopherol. Contains: Fish (Anchovy, Sardine, Mackerel) and Soy.

Website

More Good Stuff
-Omega 3's fight inflammation too.
-Read that they are good for depression too - the EPA in fish oil. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fish-oil-supplements/AN01399
-Heart healthy of course.
-These products meet the United States Pharmacopeia ("USP") Omega-3 fish oil purity standards as well as comply with all standards prescribed by the United States Food and Drug Administration ("FDA").

My experience with the 'softgels'
They are large but surprisingly easy to swallow. I usually take one a day rather than 2 - I already have a multivitamin, a calcium supplement and an iron tablet to take so I don't want to take 2 of these! The supplements form a meal on thier own, practically!

I definitely have had no 'fish burps' - I had never heard that term before! Then, I read that this is a fishy aftertaste. Well, I did not have any of that! But if you do, keeping the capsules [okay,okay, softgels] in the freezer might help. Don't ask me why?!

All my labs are normal, I do not have high cholesterol or anything. So, I cannot say if this actually maintains cholesterol at a healthy level or decreases bad cholesterol.

I am taking it mainly since I read that it is great for the skin and hair! :-))

Also, I read on the net that it might be a good supplement for people with depression, due to the EPA in it. Well, why not. If I can be happy and have a healthy heart, yay for me!

And since the benefits are longterm, I am sure it is helping but cannot really tell. I know that when we used to take cod liver oil capsules as kids, our hair was glossy and skin was perfect. I am hoping to get that back now! Looking for a miracle in a softgel! :-)

I have taken this for about a week now. I feel good, have had no side effects. My hair and skin do not feel dry with no other change in my skin or hair care regime.

And really, how much more than that can you really tell about a supplement anyway? :-)

Pharmavite Potassium Gluconate Nature MadeŽ 550 mg Tablet 100 Tablets - MON66542700

BettyMills.com

Pharmavite Diabetes Health Pack Vitamins Nature Made Packet 30 per Bottle, 30/BX - MON24282700

Scientifically formulated nutritional support for people with diabetesProvides essential nutrients that may be lacking due to the strain diabetes can ...
BettyMills.com

Nature's Blend Co-Q10 & Omega-3 30 Sgels

Nature's Blend Co-Q10 & Omega-3 30 Sgels

Co-Q10 & Omega-3 30 Sgels - Co-Q10 and Omega-3 features EPA and DHA plus 50 mg coenzyme Q10. Purity tested for toxins such as PCBs, arsenic and dioxin...
Swanson Health Products

Nature Made Triple Omega 3-6-9 60 Softgels

Nature Made Triple Omega 3-6-9 60 Softgels

Triple Omega 3-6-9 60 Softgels. Triple Omega contains Omega-3s predominantly from fish and flaxseed oil Omega-6 predominantly from safflower oil and O...
PureFormulas.com

Nature Made Triple Omega 3 6 9 1000mg 180 Softgels

Nature Made Triple Omega 3 6 9 1000mg 180 Softgels

Nature Made Triple Omega 3 6 9 1000mg 180 Softgels Nature Made Triple Omega 3 6 9 1000mg 180 Softgels Nature Made Triple Omega Nature Made Triple Omeg...
Nature Made Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oil Value Size Softgel, 1400 mg, 90 Count

Nature Made Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oil Value Size Softgel, 1400 mg, 90 Count

view largerNature Made Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oil Softgels, 90-countNature Made is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended brand of Omega-3/Fish Oil supplements.* N...
Nature Made Triple Omega 3 6 9 60 Liquid Softgels

Nature Made Triple Omega 3 6 9 60 Liquid Softgels

Consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. FDA evaluated the data and determined that although there is scienti...
Vitacost.com

Nature Made Omega 3 Softgels - 60 Count

Nature Made Omega 3 Softgels - 60 Count

Find vitamins and supplements at Target.com! Optimize your health with nature made omega-3 fish oil supplements. Formulated from ultra-concentrated fi...

Nature Made Triple Omega 3-6-9 150 Softgels

Nature Made Triple Omega 3-6-9 150 Softgels

Triple Omega 3-6-9 150 Softgels. Triple Omega contains Omega-3s predominantly from fish and flaxseed oil Omega-6 predominantly from safflower oil and ...
PureFormulas.com

Nature's Dynamics - Body Boost Omega-3 Whole Food Gummy - 60 Gummies

Nature's Dynamics - Body Boost Omega-3 Whole Food Gummy - 60 Gummies

Nature's Dynamics - Body Boost Omega-3 Whole Food Gummy - 60 Gummies Nature's Dynamics Body Boost Omega-3 Whole Food Gummy tastes great and may promot...
LuckyVitamin.com