Nature Organics Organic Turkey And Chicken Canned Cat Food

by Nature Organics: Organic Turkey & Chicken

Feb 27, 2012

Pros:organic, good ingredients, recycleable containter

Cons:juicier than I expected, my cats weren't too keen on it

The Bottom Line: seemed quality, like my cats should have liked it, but..they didn't so much.

Today my son (who feeds the cats) let me know that the dry food was completely out. We'd already ordered more but it hadn't arrived yet, so it was time to bring out the canned cat food. One that my cats ate today was by Nature Organics: Organic Turkey & Chicken. My cats were not the hugest fans.

I had a 6 oz aluminum can (which I threw in the recycling bin when it was empty). I opened it with its pull tab and knocked it into their food bowl. I did need to use a spoon to get the last bits out of the can. The consistency was sort of like a pâté. It had a bit of a smell, but not too overpowering. I did notice that once in the bowl it had a bit of juice (or maybe oil) around the food. The color is a darkish brown and there are little flecks/pieces in it that reminded me of wheat germ though that's not in the ingredients list.

The ingredients (per their website) are: Organic Turkey, Organic Chicken, Well Water, Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Proteinate (Chelated Source of Zinc), Copper Proteinate (Chelated Source of Copper), Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate (Chealted Source of Manganese), Sodium Selenite, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid.

I am glad the first two ingredients were the meats that made up the name of this food. Besides the water and gums the rest all appear to be healthy vitamins and minerals. This food "provides complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages." The packaging didn't look like it had preservatives but it had a decent shelf life of over 6 months. And while some might think organic for your cat is overkill, I believe in organic practices and want to support their use whenever I can.

Feeding instructions are one can (served in two meals) per 8-10 pound cat. My cats are about 9 pounds so I'd need to serve each one can a day. I generally only feed my cats wet food as a treat or when we are waiting for more dry food to arrive, I can't afford to feed my three cats canned food all the time.

So, organic, good ingredients, easy storage, but the most important thing..my cats didn't really like it all that much. They did initially want to find out what it was all about, but the two that generally eat the most canned cat food, eat only about half of it. The third cat, who occasionally will eat canned cat food, sniffed it and then started meowing wondering where the good stuff was.

I don't think I'll get this again. I won't give up on the brand, but not this flavor.

Thank you to Ladysmom for adding this to the database for me.

By Nature - Organic Chicken and Turkey Stew Canned Dog Food, Dog

By Nature - Organic Chicken and Turkey Stew Canned Dog Food, Dog

Organics Chicken & Turkey Stew: By Nature new organic stews are one-of-a-kind blends of certified organic and all natural ingredients to satisfy your
PetFlow

BY NATURE 392106 12-Pack Organic Chicken and Turkey Stew Food for Dogs, 13-Ounce

By Nature Organic Chicken And Turkey Stew Canned Dog Food, By Nature Canned Food, By Nature Dog, By Nature, Organic Chicken And.

By Nature Organics Chicken - 12x13oz

By Nature Organics Chicken - 12x13oz

The Art Of Healthy LivingBy Nature Organics Formula canned dog food is organically grown, which means it is free of any chemicals and pesticides. It i...

By Nature Organics Canned Formulas - 12x13oz

The Art Of Healthy Living By Nature Organics Formula canned dog food is organically grown, which means it is free of any chemicals and pesticides. It ...
Wag.com

Wag.com

Organic Pack Of 12 Newmans Own Organics Turkey & Chicken Formula For Puppies &

Organic Pack Of 12 Newmans Own Organics Turkey & Chicken Formula For Puppies &

Product Details: Newman's Own Organics Turkey Chicken Formula for Puppies Active Dogs, 12.7-O For the past 20 years, Newman's Own Organics has been of...

by Nature Organics Organic Turkey Turkey Liver Canned Cat Food

by Nature Organics Organic Turkey Turkey Liver Canned Cat Food

You cant go wrong with by Nature Organics Turkey and Turkey Liver Canned Cat Food. The organic combination of turkey and turkey liver are excellent pr...
PetFoodDirect

Newman's Own Organics Turkey & Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24; Newman’s Own Organics was created in 1993. Their Holistic formul...
Chewy.com

Nature's Table Grain Free Chicken & Turkey Recipe Adult Cat Food: 5 lb

Nature's Table Grain Free Chicken & Turkey Recipe Adult Cat Food: 5 lb

Farm-raised savory chicken and turkey are paired with farm-grown ingredients like whole peas and fresh apples to create Nature's Table Grain Free Chic...
PetSolutions