Nature Valley Granola Thins Peanut Butter, 10 ct. ( ) (Nature's Valley) Reviews

Nature Valley Granola Thins Peanut Butter, 10 ct. ( ) (Nature's Valley)

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Nature Valley Granola Thins Peanut Butter

Jun 29, 2012 (Updated Jun 29, 2012)

Pros:Good packaging. Great taste

Cons:Can be a bit messy to eat.

The Bottom Line: Vey tasty. Good packaging

While at CVS trying to take advantage of my 30% off coupon I came across Nature Valley Granola Thins. I'd tried the regular Peanut Butter Granola bars by Nature Valley but these were slightly different. I'd never come across these so I looked them up and they are indeed a newer product frm Nature Valley. Instead of long, narrow twin bars in one package  these were packaged in smaller, square  packages with one bar at 90 calorie units inside each package. They are thin not thick like the bar version and they have the nice creamy layer which makes them different from the bar I'm familiar with.

The smaller packaging discourages eating two bars in a sitting and it avoids dealing with an open package with one bar. The opened package makes it hard to store and keep fresh. The package material is a thinmetallic material that tears easily.  This small packet design is a good form of portion control as well.

Each bar is square, thin and has a layer of creamy Peanut Butter on one side. The crunch of toasted granola is wonderful and that creamy layer is a superb contrast, a treat in itself. Yes, I even licked the package where some of this creamy delight had stuck. This was really good. The crunchy area is britlle and nubby and a caramel color. The crisp thin  as it's called is moderately sweet so it satisfied my craving. Even with the taste of the creamy layered top it wasn't too sweet. Both areas taste like fresh peanut butter. I prefer crunchy peanut butter so this combinatin made it feel like my favorite peanut butter style.

This also comes in a version where you have dark chocolate as the layer on top instead of the creamy Peanut Butter. You know I'll be trying that next.

You get 10 little pouches of goodness. Each package is 0.6 oz. The actual "thin" measures a little over 2" x 2". I'd have to guess at the thinness, approx. 1/8" I'd have to say. The package shows the bar with some of the ingredients pictured scattered near it.

The crumble factor and the fact that the peanut butter layer can be a little messy are the only negatives. This does tend to break wherever making it a bit of a control problem in the neatness area. I try to keep the pakcaging as complete as possible to ctch the falling bits.

I like the idea of the individual packets since they would travel well in a lunch box or pocket.

Ingredients: Grain Oats, Sugar Vegetable Oil, Roasted Peanuts, RIce Flour, High Maltose Corn Syrup, Partially Defatted Peanut Flour, Peanut Butter, Honey, Rice, Maltodextrin, Nonfat Milk, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Baking Soda Barly Malt Extract, Natural Flavor

Calories 90 for 1 pouch
Carbs 10 g
Sugar 6 g
Protein 1 g

General Mills product

Choose Nature Valley Peanut Butter Granola Thins to tackle hunger between meals with a tasty snack. Nature Valley Granola Thins are made from whole gr...
Nature Valley Granola Thins are delicate squares of granola with a unique, delightfully crispy texture. Each thin is paired with delicious melt-in-you...