Nature's Domain: Salmon Meal and Sweet potato Formula - 35 pound bag Reviews

Nature's Domain: Salmon Meal and Sweet potato Formula - 35 pound bag

ratings (5 Epinions reviews)

Another High Quality Pet Food Sold at Costco

Oct 16, 2011 (Updated Feb 24, 2013)

Pros:grain-free, antioxidants, for all life-stages, supports healthy digestion, NO potassium chloride

Cons:Only available at Costco

The Bottom Line: High quality pet food for less money - only available at Costco.

So there I was at Costco on a quest for our usual Kirkland / Diamond brand dog food. On this trip, though, I wanted to give my three German Shepherds a break from the usual. I spotted a bright blue bag with an Alaskan Husky on the cover. It was $32 for 35 pounds - about six dollars more than the 40-pound Kirkland/Diamond kibble, but I wanted to give it a shot. I figured that the fresh salmon smell would entice my pups even more - like it did when I fed them "Taste of the Wild" brand food.

I was right. My three furry children devoured this food. I‘m not sure if it’s because it’s something different or the salmon smell, but they’ve been inhaling this stuff for the last couple of weeks. It should be mentioned that Nature’s Domain is made for all life stages of dogs – which really helps in multiple dog homes.

Feeding Tip for Picky Eaters: Want an inexpensive way to entice a picky eater to devour their food? We started buying the extra large cans of beef broth and chicken broth at Smart & Final ($2.69) and we add some to each of the dog's bowls at meal time. Sometimes we even heat it up to make it even more enticing. "Picky Eater Syndrome" - solved.

INGREDIENTS:
Salmon meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, pea protein, potato fiber, natural flavor, flaxseed, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

CALORIE CONTENT: 3,590 kcals/kg (336 kcals/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

vitamin E: 150 IU/kg Min
omega-6 fatty acids: 2.4% Min
omega-3 fatty acids: 0.3% Min

FINAL WORDS:

People no longer have an excuse for not feeding their animals higher-quality food. The excuse that it's too expensive is now out the window with the options offered at Costco. With the exception of that Pedigree garbage, Costco carries a decent variety of quality pet nutrition for very reasonable prices. This 35 pound bag of Nature's Domain cost me $32.59 versus the over $60 price tag for Taste of the Wild, I'd say this was a great deal.

My dogs love this higher-quality food… your pups will too. Currently, I mix a bag of the Kirkland food with a bag of this Nature’s Domain food into our Vittles Vault food storage container. Our dogs are happy.

Nature’s Domain food is made in Meta, Missouri and can be reached at (800) 977-8797. Come to think of it, the Taste of the Wild food is also made in Meta. Since the ingredients are identical, I wondered if both brands were made by the same manufacturer - they are. The brand is Diamond. I can make the assertion that Nature’s Domain is the identical, albeit, re-packaged and less-expensive version of Taste of the Wild, just like Kirkland is the less expensive version of the Diamond brand kibble.

Enjoy your pets and treat them like your children – not a burden. Cherish them and show them affection each and every day. You never know when their time on Earth is up.

Looking for higher-quality dog food? Check out these reviews;

Taste of the Wild

Nature's Domain - Turkey & Sweet Potato

Natural Balance

Kirkland Ultra Premium

Gentle Giants

Earthborn

Nature's Domain Grain-Free All Life Stages Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for Dogs, 35 LB