Nature's Path Envirokidz Organic Panda Crispy Rice Bars Peanut Butter 6 Count Boxes (Pack of 6) Reviews

A Healthy Food, A Positive Message

May 5, 2008 (Updated May 5, 2008)

Pros:Taste, Ingredients, Helping environment & endangered species

Cons:Price

The Bottom Line: A great organic snack for kids, much better than other products containing preservatives and additives.

As parents I believe we have a duty to give our children healthy foods to eat. Not that they don't deserve a McDonald's Happy Meal every once in a while, but for the most part a healthy balanced diet is just as important for kids as it is adults.

This is not always the easiest task because as some may know healthy food does not always taste the best nor is it always in your budget. I have found one product however that dispels both of those statements.

While shopping in a health food store one day I came across EnviroKidz Organic Crispy Rice Bars. My son was not with me at the time to voice his opinion against them, especially since most kids only want to purchase recognizable food items such as those they have seen on television commercials. The box is very bright and thus the reason I picked them out on the shelf. There is a picture of a panda on the front of the box along with rain forest trees. The words EnviroKidz and Organic are in big red letters and Crispy Rice Bar and the flavor are in big purple letters. I thought it was very clever because the wording and the image definitely made the product stand out and look appealing.

The box is 6 oz. (170 g) and contains 6 cereal bars each weighing 1 oz. (28 g). I paid approximately $4.99. Along with the words described above you will also see the following: Gluten Free, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Nothing Artificial and USDA Organic all on the front of the box.

On the back is the website address which is www.envirokidz.com, along with Amazing Panda Facts. I think this is great because a lot of times kids will read the boxes of food they are eating and with this product they can actually learn something about animals.

Inside the box are more facts about pandas along with a puzzle for your child to complete.

On the side of the box it describes "What's Good About Certified Organic Goodness".

Good Food

-Enriched drought resistant soil
-Less soil erosion
-Less groundwater pollution
-Improved farm biodiversity

With the new "going green" movement it is good to know that when you purchase this product you are not only nourishing your child's body with all natural healthy ingredients but you are also in fact helping the environment.

There is a Quality Guarantee for the product along with the address and web address of Nature's Path Foods, www.naturespath.com, which is the manufacturer of this and other healthy products.

Ingredients

Organic crispy rice (organic brown rice flour, organic evaporated cane juice, sea salt, organic molasses, organic rice bran extract), organic brown rice syrup, organic honey, organic peanut butter (organic peanuts), organic invert cane syrup, organic acacia gum, organic soy oil, organic corn starch

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size - 1 bar (28 g)
Servings Per Container - 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories - 110
Calories from Fat - 25
Total Fat - 3g (5% dv)
Saturated Fat - 0g
Trans Fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Total Carbohydrate - 20g (7% dv)
Dietary Fiber - 1g (4% dv)
Sugars - 7g
Protein - 2g
Vitamin A - 0%
Vitamin C - 0%
Calcium - 0%
Iron - 2%

So How Does It Taste?

The first time I tried one was for this review, as my son is the one who eats them. I usually pack one in his lunch bag or take one if we are on the go throughout the day as a quick snack. Each individual package also contains the same panda picture and wording as the box and also shows the ingredients and nutrition facts. Some products I have purchased do not show such information on the individual packages and I personally like to be able to have it readily available in case someone I am with is curious about the product.

The package is very easy for a child to open and as soon as you do if you smell the product you will immediately smell the peanut butter. The bar is medium beige in color and the pieces of rice are large. The bar is a little sticky but I wouldn't say as sticky as for instance a Rice Krispie Treat. The bar is approximately 4 inches in length.

On the first bite I notice it is very chewy and there is a slight taste of peanut butter. You have to remember that everything is organic so because there are not additives or preservatives the peanut butter taste will not be as strong as other products with those ingredients. I also can taste the honey which is one of the ingredients. The texture is also great and the kids will enjoy it because with the size of the rice it does in fact remind me of a Rice Krispie treat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will continue to purchase this product for my child as it is healthy and delicious. My son likes it very much and actually prefers it over the other granola bars that are on the market. They now also sell the EnviroKidz Organic Crispy Rice Bars at local supermarkets as well as natural health food stores. There are 3 different varieties of this product: Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Berry. The two websites listed above contain a lot of information and are worth checking out.

The Nature's Path website gives all information on all of their products as well as explaining what in fact organic products are. The EnviroKidz site shows all the products made for kids, more facts on animals, and printable coloring pages and stickers.

All EnviroKidz products are based on rain forest animals and 1% of all sales are donated to endangered species, habitat conservation, and environmental education for kids (according to the website). Just another plus - your kids can know they are taking part in helping endangered animals!

Nature's Path Organic - EnviroKidz Organic Crispy Rice Cereal Bars Panda Peanut Butter - 6 Bars

Nature's Path EnviroKidz Organic Crispy Rice Peanut Butter Cereal Bars - 6 x 1 oz. (28g) Bars / 6 oz. (170g) Box EnviroKids Organic Panda Peanut Butte...
LuckyVitamin.com

Nature's Path EnviroKidz Organic Panda Puffs Cereal -- 10.6 oz

Nature's Path EnviroKidz Organic Panda Puffs Cereal -- 10.6 oz

Do you appreciate that wild animals can still walk the floor of the earths rainforests?Even if you have never been to the Amazon, do you value the ide...
Vitacost.com

Nature's Path Organic EnviroKidz Panda Puffs Peanut Butter Cereal, 10.6 oz, (Pack of 6)

Nature's Path Organic EnviroKidz Panda Puffs Peanut Butter Cereal is free of synthetic herbicides and pesticides, artificial colors and flavors so kid...

Nature's Path EnviroKidz Organic Panda Puffs Cereal Eco-Pac -- 24.76 oz

Nature's Path EnviroKidz Organic Panda Puffs Cereal Eco-Pac -- 24.76 oz

Vitacost.com

Envirokidz Organic Panda Crispy Rice Bars Peanut Butter 6 Oz- 6-count Bars (pac

Envirokidz Organic Panda Crispy Rice Bars Peanut Butter 6 Oz- 6-count Bars (pac

The Lotoons Store NEW EnviroKidz Organic Panda Crispy Rice Bars Peanut Butter 6 oz- 6-Count Bars (Pack of 6) 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHI...

EnviroKidz Organic Panda Crispy Rice Bars, Peanut Butter,6 oz- 6-Count Bars (Pack of 6)

Low fat, low sodium, gluten-free kid-pleasing peanut butter crispy rice bars. Great for tucking into a backpack, lunch box or picnic basket. Don't let...
Nature's Path Organic - EnviroKidz Organic Crispy Rice Cereal Bars Koala Chocolate - 6 Bars

Nature's Path EnviroKidz Organic Koala Chocolate Crispy Rice Cereal Bars - 6 x 1 oz. (28g) Bars / 6 oz. (170g) Box EnviroKids Organic Koala Chocolate ...
LuckyVitamin.com

Nature's Path Organic EnviroKidz Koala Crisp Chocolate Cereal, 11.5 oz (Pack of 6)

Nature's Path Organic EnviroKidz Koala Crisp Chocolate Cereal is free of synthetic herbicides and pesticides, artificial colors and flavors so kids--y...

Organic Pack Of 3 Envirokidz Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Enviropakz 25oz Bags Food

Product Details: Envirokidz Organic Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Enviropakz, 25-Ounce Bags (Pack of Made from non-GMO plastic, EnviroPak can be recycled....