Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries Strawberry Frosted 6-Count Boxes (Pack of 12) Reviews

Organic "Pop Tarts"

Mar 10, 2008

Pros:Organic, real fruit, no trans fat

Cons:High in sugars

The Bottom Line: Nature's Path makes a delicious toaster pastry, and my daycare children really enjoy them for an afternoon snack

I grew up on the toasted breakfast pastry known as "Pop Tarts". My daycare children love them for the occasional afternoon snack, and I ran into a similar product at Costco called Nature's Path Organic Frosted Toaster Pastries, in the strawberry flavor.

Description

Nature's Path makes these both in the frosted and unfrosted variety, but I've only seen them with the thin layer of frosting. One 22 ounce box contains 12 tarts.

The front of the box is covered with strawberries, with broken in half tart across the front. The top corner reads "Contains Real Fruit!", and they are certified to be organic by the USDA.

Two pastries are enclosed in a silver foil pouch, and the freshness date is stamped on both the box and the foil packet. The toaster pastries measure 4 1/2" by 3". The box is made of 100% recycled paperboard.

Ingredients

Organic wheat flour, organic evaporated cane juice, organic evaporated cane juice invert, organic palm oil, organic apples, organic whole wheat flour, organic powdered sugar, organic corn starch, organic vital wheat gluten, organic dextrose, organic strawberries, organic strawberry flavor, organic rice starch, sea salt, leavenings, organic honey, organic molasses, citric acid, organic rice bran extract, colored with betalains, paprika extract (from plants), organic vanilla flavor, algin, sodium citrate, monocalcium phosphate, whey protein isolate (milk).

Nutrition Facts

Protein: 3g
Calcium: 2% USDA
Iron: 8% USDA

Thoughts

My daycare children (along with myself) really enjoy these Nature's Path toaster pastries. Some of my kids like them best cold, while others prefer them warmed up a bit in the toaster. If you do toast them, be very careful as they get extremely hot on the outside, but especially so the filling on the inside.

If you don't have a toaster you can also heat them in the microwave for 10 seconds, but be sure to remove them from the foil packets first.

The pastries are full of strawberries, and the frosting is more of a thin glaze, which adds just the right amount of sweetness to them. I love that they are made with organic ingredients and that they contain whole grains!

The outside is nice and crispy, while the insides are warm and soft, yummy! Some of my daycare kids get filled up on just one pastry, while others (usually my 10 and 12 year olds) eat two. They are an easy snack for after school, and would go well in a lunchbox or backpack.

Nature's Path was founded by Gwen Stephens, who grew up on her families organic farm. The company has been in existence since 1951.

Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries are also available in the following flavors:

* Raspberry
* Wildberry
* Brown Sugar Maple Cinnamon
* Cherry Pomegran
* Chocolate
* Blueberry

They come in both frosted and unfrosted varieties. I don't recall what I paid for these at Costco, but I know they were cheaper than the Pop Tart brand that I used to by in my local grocery store.

Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries Frosted - Berry Strawberry 6 Ct

Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries Frosted - Berry Strawberry 6 Ct

Organic Toaster Pastries Frosted - Berry Strawberry 6 Ct - Nature's Path Frosted Berry Strawberry Toaster Pastries are a real organic fruit snack! The...
Swanson Health Products

Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries Frosted - Maple Brown Sugar 6 Ct

Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries Frosted - Maple Brown Sugar 6 Ct

Organic Toaster Pastries Frosted - Maple Brown Sugar 6 Ct - Looking for a deliciously familiar-tasting snack? Try Nature's Path Organic Frosted Toaste...
Swanson Health Products