Neat Desk Pass-Through Scanner Reviews

Extremely unintuitive

Aug 5, 2011
Rated Show
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Robust hardware.

Cons:Unintuitive softwareExpect 15-20 hours to learn

There are two separate components to this package.  The hardware and the software.
The hardware is very simple and straightforward - you insert documents into the auto-feeder, press a button, and the document is scanned.  Set up and installation was a breeze.
The software is ridiculously complicated.  There appears to be no simple interface between documents scanned and its storage in the software.  If you intuitively click a SAVE button, you are prompted to pick a location on your hard drive to save the document image or PDF.  I don't want to save it to my hard drive, I want to save it in the NeatWorks software.  By pushing combinations of buttons, I twice accidentally found a way to bring the scanned document into the software, but then ran into a setup process that was convoluted and not easily explained.

Interface: USB

The Neat Scanner is bound to make your office work much easier. This flatbed scanner is able to recognize all the important data on a document and aut...

NeatDesk is a high-speed desktop scanner and digital filing system that enables you to scan receipts, business cards and documents all in one batch. T...
Beach Camera.com