Need for Speed: Carbon  (Sony PlayStation 2, 2006) Reviews

Need for Speed: Carbon (Sony PlayStation 2, 2006)

NEED FOR "CARBON"

Jul 17, 2008

Pros:NEW CONCEPTS DRIFT RACING AND TEAM WORK.

Cons:CUSTOMIZE MODE IS NOT AS GOOD AS THEY SAY IT IS.

The Bottom Line: Dont go looking for it but it is worth buying!

As all the other need for speed games CARBON is also a racing game.I really wanted to buy the game after i saw Tokyo Drift movie.I have heard that this game was based on the movie.I found the game to be very refreshing and entertaining.I should mention that this game's story mode has nothing to do with the movie i mentioned earlier.this game has a completely different story line.Some of the things are however common.For example the DRIFT concept of racing and the CANYON concept which were not included for the previous games.What else is different is the character.for the first time in the NFS series have they shown the face of the player.besides that this game also implements the style of teamwork in racing.Basically for all your racing games you are alone driving and wining.but for this game you have an option to choose another guy(com) to team up with you.So what you have here is a crew.
Compared to the previous games i found Carbon to be very fast paced game especially compared to Most Wanted where the race track is too long and you often find it boring but nothing of this sort here.The story is obviously the same one where you get jacked and have to start all over again.
however i have to say that this time it feels different.
I would give it a 3.5/5.if you are a fan of racing you are bound to like the game because of its feel and you might want to try out the drift match as well.
Overall this one of the better games out there you might wanna buy it.

Need For Speed: Carbon is ready to take you to the heart of underground racing. Set in the outskirts of the city, you begin by declaring a class alleg...