Neutrogena Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Scrub, 4.2 Ounce Pack of 3 Reviews

Neutrogena Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Scrub, 4.2 Ounce Pack of 3

Nightly Neutrogena Scrub

Oct 25, 2011

Pros:Leaves skin clear, smooth and soft.

Cons:Smell does not linger as long as would be preferred.  Ideal for normal skin.

The Bottom Line: Nice nightly cleaner that leaves skin smooth, clear and soft.  Good for normal skin.  Smell is nice but not as strong or linger as long as one would like.

I was walking through the beauty section of the store in order to find a new facial product. I was a little bored with the prior product I had been using and wanted to find something a little new. I have not had any increase of blemishes or dry skin but was simply bored with my usual products. I found Neutrogena Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Scrub for $7. I did not have a specific cleanser that I used at night and thought it would be interesting to try it. The company advertised that this cleanser not only washes away skin leaving a soft and clear surface, but also has the ability to help you relax from the aroma of the cleanser. The cleanser comes in a 4.2-ounce bottle in which you can see the lavender cleanser inside. I have used Neutrogena in the past and have always been happy with their products. I felt comfortable trying a new product from their line.

Neutrogena advertises that this cleanser washes away the day by getting a deep down clean that removes oil, make-up and environmental pollutants. The skin is left clear and feeling soft and smooth.

The first time I used this product, I saw that the cleanser had small beads that help to exfoliate to skin while washing. Using warm water, I rubbed the cleanser on my damp skin using a circular motion with my fingers. The cleanser seemed to disappear into the skin while the small beads massaged my face. After rubbing into my face for a few minutes, I rinsed the cleanser off with warm water.

I immediately noticed how smooth my skin felt after I used the cleanser the first time. My skin had a nice glow and felt smooth and soft to the touch. As I continued to use this cleanser on a nightly basis, I found that my skin maintained this texture throughout the day longer. I also noticed that I was less prone to breakouts. I have not experienced any dryness or oily residue because of using the cleanser. Neutrogena does advise that the cleanser be used less often if you experience any dryness. After a few weeks of use, my skin has only shown positive benefits.

They advertise that the cleanser has the ability to provide a relaxing environment through the aroma of the soap. Although it does have a light lavender scent, it is very faint. As you begin to rub it on your skin, the scent quickly goes away. It does smell nice but it is not strong enough or lingers to create a relaxing environment they describe. They certainly can increase the amount of fragrance used in the formula.

Overall, this product is effective for leaving a smooth and soft facial texture. I would not recommend using more than once a day as the exfoliating beads could be irritating if used too often. I do use it nightly as it does seem to remove make-up and build-up that is created throughout the day. I certainly could use this cleanser during the day but like knowing that I am going to bed with a nice clean face. If you have dry or oily skin, you may want to consider a product more suited to your needs. If you have normal skin, this would be a good option for you.

Ingredients
Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Stearic Acid, PEG-8, Synthetic Wax, Dimer Dilinoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Acrylates C/10-30, Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Magnesium Aluminum, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Talc, Violet 2, Ultramarines, Red 30, Red 17, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

Neutrogena deep clean Relaxing Nightly Scrub 4.2 Fl. Oz. (124mL) Wash your day away for soft, clear skin â– Wash away your day by cleansing deep down ...