Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Sheers Shimmering Blush 30

Enjoy the ease of chapstick with the polish of lipstick

Mar 14, 2008

Pros:Realistic sheer color, terrific moisture, adds polish to your look without fuss

Cons:Shade selector in store isn't that great

The Bottom Line: If you're looking to give your lips a finished look but don't want too much weight or color, this is an awesome choice!

This revolutionized my life! Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but not much.

I'm not a big lipstick person. It feels too waxy, too "made up" to wear on any but the dressiest occasions. But I do love eye makeup, and as you know, your face can look really funny with made-up eyes and naked lips.

Also, I like chapstick/lip balm/things of that sort. But they tend not to offer color, or when they do, it's smeary clown-y color. And some of them leave your lips feeling pretty slippery.

So imagine me, looking for something that moisturizes my lips, but not too much; that gives me color, but not too much; and, because I'm something of a cheapskate, I'm looking for a product that does all of this without costing more than about $8.

It exists! It's Neutrogena Lip Sheers!

I wear the "Shimmering Blush" shade, but there are about ten shades, all designed to be subtle. The Shimmering Blush shade is a soft pink with kind of an earthy tinge to it -- not cotton-candy pink, but more lip-color pink. It does have the faintest bit of shimmer to it, but this is not glitter or aggressive sparkle or anything like that. It's mostly a light-catching, light-reflecting property. This shade looks like my natural lip color, but more polished and finished than my plain old naked lips.

It's such a great shade, I can apply it as often as I'd apply chapstick without getting a lot of buildup or too much color. I can also apply it without a mirror, since it's a subtle color and doesn't require precision. That's great when I'm on the go!

The tube is about 1/2"-3/4" longer than your typical chapstick tube, and it's maybe a little thinner around. It's shiny silver -- shiny enough that you can use the end as a mirror in a pinch. The lid snaps on snugly, but it's not so tight that you can't get it off easily. You can fit the tube in your pocket of your jeans without any problem, if you're trying to travel light.

The only bummer about this product is that it does not have very good shade selection information in the drugstore. It just has little cards displayed under each bin to show you what color each shade is. But these cards are inevitably snapped under thick plastic, and the colors printed on the cards all look about the same. These are all very sheer shades, though, so you can't screw up too badly, but it would be nice to get a more accurate color selector.

Overall, though, this is a great everyday choice for your lips -- color and moisture without too much work!

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss, Super Sparkle 100 (2 Pack)

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss, Super Sparkle 100 (2 Pack)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss, Super Sparkle 100 (2 Pack) Dermatologist developed tested Delicious b...

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss 01 Sweet Nothing

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss 01 Sweet Nothing

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss #01 SWEET NOTHING Ships within 24 hours Feel free to contact us with any questions :)

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss You Choose Color

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss You Choose Color

This is a tube of Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Gloss.These are factory sealed, however some packages have rips or tears in the plastic. Multiple shade...

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss 03 Twinkle Moisture Shine

Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soother SPF 20 - Glaze

Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soother SPF 20 - Glaze

Find cosmetics at Target.com! Moistureshine lip soother provides instant, soothing relief on contact with beautiful high gloss shine and spf 20. Neutr...

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss 04 Glimmer Moisture Shine

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss 04 Glimmer Moisture Shine

NEUTROGENA MOISTURESHINE LIP GLOSS 04 GLIMMER MOISTURE SHINE

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss, Healthy Peach 500

Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Gloss, Healthy Peach 500

Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Gloss, Healthy Peach 500 Features Dermatologist developed tested Delicious berry fragrance Available in 14 shades Details...