Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night Cream Reviews

Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night Cream

Copper.. Now available for your face.

Aug 9, 2004 (Updated Mar 24, 2009)

Pros:Excellent results, fragrance free, so gentle.

Cons:Results take longer than others, jar configuration, price not for everyone.

The Bottom Line: A great alternative to expensive department store products or retinol products.

Prior to using Neutorgena's Visibly Firm skin care line, I had been using the Olay's Regenerist/Total Effects line of products. Olay makes some great products, however I was going through 5 of their $18 products about every month, which was getting quite costly. For some reason I had always associated Neutrogena with acne control and somewhat harsh moisturizers, so I never bothered to look at what they offered for anti aging. It wasn't until my dermatologist recommended trying out the Visibly Firm skin care line that I even noticed this product on the shelf.

The Product:

Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night Cream is an anti aging moisturizer that should be used at bedtime. The product is baby blue in color and has a thick consistency which is relatively fast to absorb into skin. Instead of containing Retinol (vitamin A) or Alpha Hydroxides, both common ingredients found in many anti-wrinkle creams which can irritate the skin, Neutorgena uses Active Copper (Copper Tripeptide-1). Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night Cream is only available in a 1.7 oz. jar which lasts me approx. 7 weeks when used once before bedtime. This formula is dermatologist tested, fragrance free, non-greasy, and allergy tested.

Neutrogena's Claims:

Neutorgena claims that with daily use, this product will improve skin's firmness, reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, improve clarity and texture, and soften and smooth the skin. According to the Neutrogena Corporation, Copper Tripeptide-1 helps build collagen and prevents it from future deterioration. This claim has also been supported by many dermatologists, including my own.

My Experience:

I have never been a really big fan of Neutorgena products, I used them when I was a teenager and never found any of their products to be helpful. It wasn't until I tried the Visibly Firm line that I found something from this company that I really liked. I have sensitive skin, which can make it a pain in the butt when trying to find a product for anti-aging. Although Neutorogena Visibly Firm Night cream does contain some alcohol, this product is extremely gentle on my face and doesn't make my skin feel tight or itchy as so many other anti-wrinkle treatments do.

When I first began using Neutorgena Visibly Firm night cream the only difference I noticed in my skin was a slight decrease in the redness. It wasn't until around the 3rd week after my first treatment that I noticed a dramatic improvement in both the texture and color of my skin. Unlike many products which seem to reach a plateau after a month or so at improving the skin, Neutorgena Visibly Firm has yet to reach that plateau, even after more than 8 weeks of continuous use. Neutorgena Visibly Firm Night Cream has also done an excellent job diminishing the wrinkles around my upper and lower eyes, mouth, and forehead. Since I have found the Visibly Night Firming Cream to work so well, I have also switched from my regular daytime creams to the Visibly Face Lotion and the Visibly Firm Eye Cream. Both of these products help give an extra boost to help diminish those fine lines and give my face a glow and that I have never received from any anti-aging skin care line, ever. Another major difference I noticed was the softening of my skin, especially the skin around my cheeks, eyes, and forehead.

So did it make my skin more firm? I have always done the snap back method, where I slightly tug on my skin and see how fast it snaps back into place. Prior to using this product it definitely took my skin a few seconds to snap back into place, especially around my upper eyelids. After 8 weeks of using Neutorgena Visibly Firm Night Cream my skin snaps back into its rightful place just as fast as it did when I was 20 years old.

If I have any minor gripes with this product it would have to do with the jar configuration. Like the Olay Night Cream and so many other night creams, you must put your fingers in the jar to retrieve the product. I feel a pump type of dispenser would have been much easier and more sanitary to use.

In addition to having both dry and sensitive skin, I also have problems with acne, especially around my nose and forehead. It seems as though every night cream I would use would cause my skin to break out, especially during the first few weeks of treatment. Thankfully Neutorgena Visibly Firm Night Cream has caused absolutely no problems with my skin.

Many nighttime anti-wrinkle creams can make the skin feel like a grease pit. The last thing I want to do is go to bed feeling greasy. Neutorgena Visibly Firm Night Cream, though thick in consistency, leaves no greasy feeling or greasy appearance after application. Another great thing about this product is that it is totally fragrance free.

Price/Availability:

Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night Cream can be purchased at almost any drug or large discount store in the 1.7 oz. glass jar anywhere from $17.00 to $22 (still cheaper than the Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream). I have seen Neutorgena Visibly Firm Night Cream for as low as $16.99 at stores like Wal*Mart and as high as $21.99 at many grocery stores, i.e., Safeway.

Ingredients:

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Stearic Acid , Cetyl Alcohol , Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate , PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Dimethicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Copper Tripeptide-1 , Arginine , Tocopheryl Acetate , Allantoin , BHT , Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables Persea Gratissima , Squalane , Tridecyl Stearate , Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Cyclohexasiloxane , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Isopropylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Butylparaben , Phenoxyethanol.

Final Thoughts:

I have been very happy with this night cream. If you have sensitive skin I especially recommend this product, however my recommendation goes out to anyone who would like to see more youthful skin without the pain of retinol or those expensive department store prices. In conclusion, Neutorgena Visibly Firm Night Cream is an excellent moisturizer/anti-wrinkle cream to use at night without having to go through any type of pain.

Want to read about another great Visibly Firm Product? Check out my review on Neutrogena Lift Serum

-Thanks for reading!

Neutrogena Visibly Firm Eye Cream 0.5 Oz Active Copper Rare

Neutrogena Visibly Firm Eye Cream 0.5 Oz Active Copper Rare

Neutrogena Visibly Firm Active Copper Eye Cream New in Box **Very Hard to find**Discontinued Rare Note: This is an old discontinued product and it is ...

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream, 1.4 Ounce,

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream, 1.4 Ounce,

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream, 1.4 Ounce Click Thumbnails to Enlarge Neutrogena Healthy Skin(R) Anti-Wrinkle Cream is a nightly moi...

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream,1.4 Oz

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream,1.4 Oz

New Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream, Night Formula 1.4 oz (40 g) F A Retinol Facial Treatment with Multi-Vitamins. Visibly reduces appearan...

Neutrogena Visibly Even Bb Cream Fair To Light, 50ml Free Shipping

Neutrogena Visibly Even Bb Cream Fair To Light, 50ml Free Shipping

Store Search search Title, ISBN and Author Neutrogena Visibly Even BB Cream Fair To Light, 50ml Estimated delivery 3-12 business days Format Condition...

Neutrogena Visibly Even Foaming Cleanser

Neutrogena Visibly Even Foaming Cleanser

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Visibly even foaming cleanser gently exfoliates to refine skin texture for a more even-toned, radiant complexion....

American Drug Supply Store
3 Neutrogena Visibly Younger Hand Cream Anti Aging Retinol Hand Treatment 1.7 Oz

Neutrogena Visibly Younger Hand Cream LOT OF 3 TUBES 1.7 ounce tube , spf20 An anti-aging Retinol hand treatment. Moisturizes and smoothes fine lines ...

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream, 1.4 Ounce (3 Pack)

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream, 1.4 Ounce (3 Pack)

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream, 1.4 Ounce (3 Pack)

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle Night Cream

JustOTC - eBay Store Health Personal Care Bath Shower Products Deodorant, Deo Cream Face Wash Foot Care Products Hair Care Products Personal Fragrance...