New Balance 6-pk. Low-Cut Socks

May 16, 2009

Pros:Good cushioning.

Cons:Poor moisture wicking for my perspiring feet.

The Bottom Line: Avoid unless your feet don't sweat much.

Avoid if your feet sweat a lot, but other wise they are fine.

Experience

New Balance 6-pk. Low-Cut Socks are good socks if your feet do not sweat much, but for me they just do not get the job done in the moisture wicking department. The cushioning somewhat easily got me through an eight hour day of wear without my feet aching much, however, I would recommend them for wearing for a few hours at the most for exercising in if your feet get sweaty easily to avoid having stinky feet, shoes, and socks. The bottom line for me is I do not care/like them that much and probably ask for a refund when I get a chance to take them back for an exchange.

Life Extending Directions for Socks

To get the most mileage out of the socks I would recommend turning them inside out for washing and drying to help fluff the terry cushioning, and using liquid fabric softener helps to in washer machine. If find your socks are still rough still I would recommend using 2 fabric softener sheets with the load of laundry containing the socks. Keep toe nails well trimmed to aid in not getting holes prematurely.

Durability

The lifetime of these socks is I would expect them to last between a year and 18 months.

About Available Sizes

At the time they are limited to one size that fits mens shoe sizes 9 to 12 ½.

Color Selection

White only with NB (New Balance) logo on the cuff.

Fiber Content

This socks material make up is 79% Cotton, 18% Nylon, 2% Polyester, and 1% Lycra.

Recommend

Sadly, I do not recommend these do to having poor moisture wicking properties or at least for my feet since they sweat quite a fair amount.